Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CS Cog
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 25 count humidor and the hydrometer I was sent seems pretty crappy. Can anyone recommend a good hydrometer to me? I was thinking digital but would like to have one I could calibrate and one that would look nice in my humidor. Thanks again.

Daniel

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have an Adorini (German brand) digital hygrometer. It works great and looks nice. It is also no more than 1% off target for RH readings. That would be my recommendation. Look for one on ebay - it should be around $15.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have 4 Radio Shack hygrometer/thermometer combination units.

It's going on 4 years and they are still on the original batteries.

All 4 read identically and they work very well.

If they are still in stock at Radio Shack, I think I paid around $ 19 each.

Good luck.

Barry

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Not sure if this is applicable to your question but I use Drymistat tubes in my small humidor. They sell them for around $7 and last about 1 year. For me it is a lot more accurate and less maintenance (fill once a month or so with tap water) than the foam filled humidier units. Just my 2 cents.

SB

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
SilvrBck said:
Not sure if this is applicable to your question but I use Drymistat tubes in my small humidor. They sell them for around $7 and last about 1 year. For me it is a lot more accurate and less maintenance (fill once a month or so with tap water) than the foam filled humidier units. Just my 2 cents.

SB
I'll throw in another .02 cents and agree with SlvrBck, for a 25 ct. box, or tupperdor, the tubes work perfect. I have three 25 ct. tupperdors for rotating and work smokes. I use the Climmax Premier Tubos, they come in 65% or 70% RH and work perfect. I paid about $10 ea. for them my cigars are in great shape, just be sure to check on them once a month. :w

·
Registered
57 Posts
Barrythevic said:
I have 4 Radio Shack hygrometer/thermometer combination units.

It's going on 4 years and they are still on the original batteries.

All 4 read identically and they work very well.

If they are still in stock at Radio Shack, I think I paid around $ 19 each.

Good luck.
Barry
Agree with the above. I have two of these also. I have replaced the batteries once in my oldest, which I have owned for approximately 5 years.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just bought the RadioShack digital hygrometer in preparation for building my coolerdor or fridgeador (haven't figured out which one to build yet...would like the look of a dark glass front fridgeador so I can see the stock w/o opening the door, but the $$$$$).

The RS hygrometer works great for me so far....$19 still, so it seems the price is pretty stable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.