Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy a humidor that automatically controls the temp and humidity. I'm fairly new to this so I don't even know if there is one available that will automatically control temp and humidity. I want to ba able to just add distilled water to a reservoir and the humidor does the rest. Is there a humidor that does that? Thank you in advance.

· Retired Chaos Designer
14,718 Posts
I am wanting to buy a humidor that automatically controls the temp and humidity. I'm fairly new to this so I don't even know if there is one available that will automatically control temp and humidity. I want to ba able to just add distilled water to a reservoir and the humidor does the rest. Is there a humidor that does that? Thank you in advance.
There are commercial units that will, they are primarily designed for wine cellars and they are not cheap! Or small, the last one I bought for a client was roughly 14” wide 12” tall and about 18” deep, it’s been a few years but as best as I can remember it was just over 5k. Fully automated and you only add water once at startup.

· Super Moderator
9,429 Posts
A "wineador" style cigar fridge with Bovedas for humidity control is probably the best compromise for hands-off control of both temp & RH without spending an inordinate amount of money.

Furniture Cabinetry Kitchen appliance Rectangle Drawer

· Registered
Both
74 Posts
Property Television Cable television Entertainment center Wood

This is mine, its called a Lauderdale. They've gotten expensive, around $600 i see, but its worked really well. If you can get one on sale its worth a look. Mine was less than $300 4 years ago.

Though it isnt temp controlled it stays close to what the room is. On the wall is in an indoor outdoor thermometer clock but its really my humidor and the room.

On the left is the temp and RH of the humidor and the right is the room itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts