Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still trying to find that everyday smoke that is good, but doesn't break the bank.

Suggestions?

:confused:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wetterhorn said:
I am still trying to find that everyday smoke that is good, but doesn't break the bank.

Suggestions?

:confused:
What price range you looking for?

·
Registered
734 Posts
There are a lot of factors to be considered for an everyday smoke, but I agree price is a big one.

I go with Flor de Oliva bundles. You can get 25 for between $30 and $40.

I have also began enjoying the Sancho Panza line. This is a surprisingly good Honduran cigar. They run about $40 - $50 for a box of 20 depending on the size.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
949 Posts
What a loaded question. What kind of taste do you have? What type of cigar do you like. I found on JR the Mr. B's cigars that are sandwitch filler but I think 11 or 12 dollars a bundle. They are really good though. They are a medium bodied cigar. They to me anyway taste like a partagas spanish rosado.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm not sure what price range you are looking for but the bundles at
www.mdcigars.com are worth a look. You can get a sampler for 10 bucks to help you decide what bundle you want. Also the Sancho Panzas mentioned above are really good as well.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
summerkc said:
What price range you looking for?
Fair question; I would say between $1 and $2 per cigar.

·
Registered
24 Posts
kamikaiguy said:
What a loaded question. What kind of taste do you have? What type of cigar do you like. I found on JR the Mr. B's cigars that are sandwitch filler but I think 11 or 12 dollars a bundle. They are really good though. They are a medium bodied cigar. They to me anyway taste like a partagas spanish rosado.
kamikaiguy:
how is the construction, draw and burn on the mr. b's and do you get the maduro?

thanks,
gooch

·
Registered
949 Posts
gooch I get the natural. They are finely contructed, the draw is good, and the burn is routinely uneven. Also at about the 3/4 point they become a little harsh. Definitely not a finger burner. but for $.50 per stick who can complain.

Wetterhorn... For the price $1 to $2 per stick Flor de Oliva, but I think I told you that already.

Another one I thought of is the Nicaraguan Factory Corojo from JR are good cigars. $30 for 50 sticks. I think I might be a little off on the price. But these are decent nothing special but good cigar. Construction is not the best. They tend to fall appart near the end. decent stick.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Little more expensive but is not a second is Padron 2000s at buymorecigars.com. $60 for 25. thats $2.40 a stick.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Gotta agree with some of the other apes and say that for the money the Flor de Oliva maduro torpedos bundles are hard to beat. Cant remember ever smoking one that didnt burn and draw well, smoked cool with lots of smoke and good maduro flavor. Have smoked a bunch of others that cost a whole lot more that couldnt compare to them. Frank B

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
summerkc said:
Little more expensive but is not a second is Padron 2000s at buymorecigars.com. $60 for 25. thats $2.40 a stick.
Great idea! I never knew they were that inexpensive!!!!

Thanks!

:u

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kamikaiguy said:
gooch I get the natural. They are finely contructed, the draw is good, and the burn is routinely uneven. Also at about the 3/4 point they become a little harsh. Definitely not a finger burner. but for $.50 per stick who can complain.

Wetterhorn... For the price $1 to $2 per stick Flor de Oliva, but I think I told you that already.

Another one I thought of is the Nicaraguan Factory Corojo from JR are good cigars. $30 for 50 sticks. I think I might be a little off on the price. But these are decent nothing special but good cigar. Construction is not the best. They tend to fall appart near the end. decent stick.
Great ideas! I will have to try the Flor de Oliva and the Mr. B.s!

How about the JR Alternatives? Are they any good? Seem to get good ratings in the Top 25!

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

·
Registered
291 Posts
The only Alt that I think is any good is the Remidos(sp) in maddie, the others suck big time. Maria Manchini Magic Moutains are great everyday smokes, both the maduro wrapper and the H200 wrappers are great(you can get these at JR's also). The h2000 is nice and spicey while the maddie is just smooth and creamy, and they're only like $40 a box!

You might also wanna check out www.mrbundles.com , Uncle Mikey has a great selection of bundles at even better prices. He'll even set you up with a nice sampler of them all if you give him a call, not to metion the fact that it's always entertaining to talk to him on the phone ;)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Just recently picked up a box of Mayorga High Octane Robustos from JR. Only $49 for 27 sticks. With just 2 bucks shipping, that's $1.89 each, and they're pretty good cigars (well, I like 'em).

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
drc said:
Just recently picked up a box of Mayorga High Octane Robustos from JR. Only $49 for 27 sticks. With just 2 bucks shipping, that's $1.89 each, and they're pretty good cigars (well, I like 'em).
I have had Mayorga before and loved them! I will have to try the High Octanes.

Great suggestion Don! Thanks!

:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wetterhorn said:
Great ideas! I will have to try the Flor de Oliva and the Mr. B.s!

How about the JR Alternatives? Are they any good? Seem to get good ratings in the Top 25!

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

I've had the JR Alternatives to the Fuente Hemingway (the funny shaped cigar). I bought a bundle of these. Construction was good, some burned uneven and some were plugged but not too many. The taste however was non-existant. Almost no flavor.

·
Registered
239 Posts
For $2.75 a stick you cannot beat the Saint Louis Rey Reserva Especial Rothschild Maduro. They're harder to find than the naturals, but worth evey penny. Full flavored, but the dark maduro wrapper add a slightly sweet, creaminess that complements the strength.

-Q

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.