Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that personal taste preference play a large part in it, but what country does everyone consider to be the best quality producing cigar country (non-ISOM)?

I find myself leaning heavily to Nicaragua for the total package. Quality, consistency and taste.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I agree

Hey G-Man

I agree. Nicaragua then the Dominican Republic are how I rank them. But I think it's Mor a matter of Manufacutrer that determins quality.

Obviously fron Nicaragua you have Padron, Oliva and Perdomo. The Dominican has Fuente, Cohiba, and Partagas.

I rank them Padron, Oliva, Fuente, Cohiba, Partagas and Perdomo

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
relaxnsmoke said:
Nicaraguan
Honduran
Dominican

Nicaraguan Cigars are really something else, but the Hondurans are gaining if not eclipsing in power and flavor, IMHO.:D

How sweet it is! :w
What he said.;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the opinions.

It looks like Hondurans are making a push. I am familiar with Nicaraguan and D.R., but what are some of you favorite Honduran cigars?

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
G-Man said:
Thanks for the opinions.

It looks like Hondurans are making a push. I am familiar with Nicaraguan and D.R., but what are some of you favorite Honduran cigars?
Anything from Villazon is good IMHO. Just about anything Rolando Reyes Sr. has been within 10 foot of. Nestor Plasencia is doing good work in Honduras. The Eiroa family has some killer stuff. The Astral/Don Tomas people are producing some nice stuff. Maybe someone else could be a bit more specific.

·
Registered
718 Posts
kansashat said:
Anything from Villazon is good IMHO.
I have to agree with that. El Rey del Mundo, Punch, Hoyo de Monterrey, all have vitolas that I enjoy regularly. To the list of Honduran cigars I enjoy, I will also add Puros Indios.

I guess my country order is the same as several others here:
Nicaragua
Honduras
Dominican Republic

I almost forgot. Graycliff, from the Bahamas, are excellent cigars. A bit pricey to be in my regular rotation, but I'd put them almost on a par with Nicaragua. They're a bit of an oddball, though. Can't really count the Bahamas as a cigar producing locale.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Having been a musician as well as a recording engineer I always tend to compare taste with the audio spectrum.

I find that Dominicans have a lot of upper mid range and high end, ie; fairly sharp, spicy and complex.

Hondurans are very bassy, lots of body, full and rich but not as much complexity.

Nicaraguans are the closest to ISOM’s to me in that they are a full spectrum smoke, good body, rich, but with great complexity and depth.

Me, I’m a fan of bass, so I prefer the Hondurans to the Dominicans, but I also put Nicaragua in the #1 slot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, assuming Telefunken's, maybe an A-800 @ 15ips with a 16 track head. Then dumping to 3324 for dubs. Or if simply stereo then the same through some focusites into an A 820 @ 30ips!(Sorry, I got out of the biz as Pro-tools was really getting hot)

lol, great post :D

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
OK!

Whatever you guys said! [LOL]

Me, I'll stick to the old, established flaovr profiles, i.e. it has a taste reminiscient of . . . .

BTW in terms of cigar producing I'd go with: Dominican>Honduran>Nicaraguan>Costa Rican>others.

In terms of the tobacco leaf I'd go with:
Nicaraguan>Dominican>Equadoran (mostly wrappers here)>Honduran>Others

Just my .02 worth.

MoTheMan

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts
kansashat said:
The Eiroa family has some killer stuff.
Agree, Christian is doing some very nice things in Honduras. For those that have not tried them, the corojo line is good and the diploma, 11/18 and 7/05 are very good. He also puts out a limited series called the Liberty, which changes each year and damn do I wish I still had some of the first years production. Little birdy told me that in the next 2 months or so we will see a maduro wrapped 11/18 and monarca corojo with a maduro wrap as well as the rothschild SLR with a maduro wrap.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I guess I will sound like a parrot, but here goes....

Nicaraguan
Honduran
Dominican

:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.