Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is in the current issue of CA. I have to buy this one to see if it's accurate!

Oneoff Laguito No. 2
Dark and thin, with a wrapper the color of semisweet chocolate. The draw is firm. The cigar has masculine flavors, smacking of leather, meat, mushrooms, and iodine, Medium to full bodied.

So, just what ARE they smoking over there at CA?? :r

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
smacking meat?

WTF? Smacked of meat? Mushrooms and iodine? Any cigar that tasted (?) remotely like any of those descriptions would make me :pu all over myself and my free issue of CA I got a while back. That would be on top of the other puke that they often put in that mag. Ugh. Isn't there an editor involved somewhere in the process before this crap gets printed? This is a case in point as to why the home of the LLGs reign supreme as the definitive source for cigar information. :w

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i bought one off last year in nyc... took a picture of it because i forgot what it was (pic below). i basically bought it for the band. it was actually pretty good as i remember... a very manly taste... like old spice.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
One makes me wonder what CA reviewers where doing or eating prior to giving a cigar review, but "meat & iodine" doesn't sound appealling, especially when coupled with "leather". Never really thought too highly of CA cigar reviews. :w :u

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
That is hilarious! Almost worth buying the latest CA. This thread has "Hall of Fame" written all over it!

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Some how "masculine"... "smacking"... and "meat" used together in a review, make me wonder about what the reviewer was doing when he smoked said cigar. ;) :r

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
flipflop said:
I can attest to that. Having smoked many times with Brandon, he usually thinks and talks about his blow up dolls. ;) :r
And, the special breakfast at the Waffle House. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I didn't realize that CA now had the Village People reviewing cigars. Guess this month's reviewer was the Biker guy. Besides, who the hell can actually describe the taste of iodine? Once upon a time as a broke college student I would drink most anything, but iodine??? that ranks right up there with drinking Aqua Velva. I wonder if the intent of that review was to boost sales or to turn people off to the cigar?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I suspect that happens when you are reduced to smuggling cigars by stuffing them in shall we say...creative crevices?

·
Registered
419 Posts
best review ever

Whats amazing about this review is that these adjectives were used in a positive light and CA rated it an 88. Yum, really made me want to run out and buy one. Frank B

G

·
I saw that review, too, and it bugged the crap outta me.

Forget the cigar... I want to know what happened to them after they drank iodine.

-Nero

·
Registered
130 Posts
That sure doesn't sound to appealing... Sound more like my 7 year old's first crack at cooking LMAO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts