Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beldina from Açores

Hi, after looking around and finding nothing on these fine cigars (personal opinion) I decided to ask the experienced gurus that have tried them out, for their opinion.
Beldina hand rolled in Açores and produced from the finest Cuban, Sumatra, São Domingos and Brasilian tobacco leaves. Has a dark wrapper, smells great, leaves a mild taste and has an even burn leaving a light grey ash. Not being a Cuban I think these smokes are well worth their buck for a daily smoke.

(Excuse the review quality but I don´t have the TOUCH)

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Re: Beldina from Açores

I've never heard of that brand. Is it Dominican, Honduran...?

Grinch OUT!!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

Yes I have had them. I lived on Terceira for two years and smoked quite a few. They are the # 1 Cigar in Portugal. Not a bad smoke...Espacially while sitting at a nice vista watching the sun set.

BTW where in Portugal are you?

T

·
Registered
546 Posts

pinokio said:
They are produced in S. Miguel Island, Açores archipelago. Portuguese territory.

Regards
Interesting, I've never had a cigar from there, and I've experienced an assortment from around the world.

Grinch OUT!!!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts

Those are actually common in my neck of the woods, but I've never smoked one!!

I live in New Bedford, MA. and we have the second largest population of Portuguese folks in the U.S. We've got thier smokes, thier wine, and thier incredibly good food as well;)

Ahh...linguica...one of the greatest pizza toppings no one's ever heard of.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

partagaspete said:
Yes I have had them. I lived on Terceira for two years and smoked quite a few. They are the # 1 Cigar in Portugal. Not a bad smoke...Espacially while sitting at a nice vista watching the sun set.

BTW where in Portugal are you?

T
Looking forward to vsit there soon. HHmmmm, sun set.... sound great!!
I have the Robusto Estrela and the Azores in my humi. and are great smokes as well.
BTW - I live very close to Porto.

Regards

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

horrorview said:
Those are actually common in my neck of the woods, but I've never smoked one!!

I live in New Bedford, MA. and we have the second largest population of Portuguese folks in the U.S. We've got thier smokes, thier wine, and thier incredibly good food as well;)

Ahh...linguica...one of the greatest pizza toppings no one's ever heard of.
After having that pizza topping, try one one out, you won´t regret it I´m sure. Glad you like the food and wine. :D

Regards

·
Registered
1,722 Posts

Hehehehe, thanks man! You'd be surprised, here, as Linguica is the most popuar pizza topping within a 60 mile radius, and then, all of a sudden, you have people looking at you like you're insane once you pass into Connecticut. After that, you'd be hard-pressed to find the stuff at all!!!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

partagaspete said:
Where in Portugal are you from and and who is your team?

Porto
Benfica
Sporting

T
I live in S. João da Madeira about 30km from Porto, but I´m a Benfica fan!!
Regards

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

horrorview said:
Heheheh, maybe he likes Manchester United? :p
Usually spend Saturdays watching the Premier League, while enjoying a stick or so, but for obvious reasons my attention now turns to Chelsea, although the Premier is a very high quality football league.
You´re A Man. U. fan?? :cool:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

For the Portugal League my daughter and I also go for Benfica.

In the premiership It is Man UTD.

In a town near me here in England there is a Portuguese restaurant, Pub, and two mini marts. We go down there for Bifana's and Sagres.

T

G

·

RumblePen said:
Sorry to bump a year old thread, but I want to try these. Couldn't find anything online. Jim, you said these are common in our town, where?
I missed this thread last year, but then again, I wasn't trading across the Atlantic at that time. I actually have a couple of these in my humi from our Portugal brothers. Have been saving them, but now feel I must consider burning one tonight!

I also might be interseted in US source possibilities!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.