Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to smoking cigars. I've chewed, vaped, and smoked cigarettes before. I've had a few cigars in my life and would appreciate any tips for a beginer particularly along the lines of picking a good cigar and how to properly light and smoke them.

·
I'll have a maduro thanks
1,063 Posts
Welcome from Vermont. As far as the mechanics of cigar smoking do a web search, there’s a ton of info out there. As for picking a good cigar for you that’s going to involve some trial and error and over time your taste will evolve.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Hello and Welcome.
Have a look at the "What did you smoke today" thread to see what we are all smoking to give you some ideas.

Reactions: UBC03

·
Super Moderator
17,924 Posts
Welcome. Take the advice given above.

But it seems like you've got a good vitamin N tolerance, so avoid Connies. Usually lighter smokes that'll sit in your humidor till you give em away.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fusion

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this forum, and recently really started getting into cigars. I would check out the (Edited) channel. Tim has done a ton of great videos, including understanding what separates cigars, from the wrapper, to the different sizes. Also a lot of great beginner tips around lighting cigars and cutting them.

·
Smoking Volunteer
4,895 Posts
When you smoke a cigar that’s not pleasant, just throw it away. Don’t force yourself to finish it because you already paid for it.
Make friends with your local tobacconist. See what he recommends. Don’t make any big internet orders. Just try lots of singles. Only smoke what you can afford.
Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts