Cigar Forums banner
1681 - 1688 of 1688 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
You know how there is Kahlua (rum & coffee liqueur)? Well, this limited edition of Jameson Cold Brew is the Kahlua idea but with whiskey instead of rum. So, if you want to make an Irish Coffee then here it is -- minus the sugar -- in a bottle. One of the local liquor stores was having a tasting and this wasn't too bad so I got the bottle. I've made cold brew coffee many times myself and really like it so this seemed to be up my alley.

From the bottle the aroma has no whiskey notes, just cold brewed coffee. In the glass, from a fresh pour, you'll get the whiskey smell but after a couple of minutes that becomes more of a back-note with the sweet, cold brew coffee aroma taking center stage.

Sipping it neat (no water, no ice, room temp) there definitely is the cold brew flavor and Irish whiskey notes. It's not harsh but I didn't find the flavor too exciting. It does go better into a cup o' joe, giving the coffee a little kick without a harsh whiskey dominance.

On a whim, while writing this, I added a dash of brown sugar and that's what it needed for a slightly more enjoyable sipper.

Overall, this is a mixer and not a sipper -- like Kahlua can be -- in my opinion or at least on a regular basis like other whiskies.

Bottle Wine Glass bottle Liquid Drink

·
Registered
358 Posts
Smooth according to my wife who drank it 'neat' (no cream nor sugar 😄) so that's a big complement from a woman who is not a regular coffee drinker. Ground beans do have a blueberry aroma. First sip has a blueberry flavor. Overall nice richness and smoothness with little to no bitterness. This is great stuff (y)(y) too bad it's limited :(
BTW, this is NOT a flavored coffee.
Ingredient Liquid Drinkware Packaging and labeling Drink

Ethiopian Super Natural

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
I like my Scotch and Bourbon but with a Maduro I enjoy a beer sometimes. I just can’t find that perfect beer since I left Germany.
I’ve tried and like a few IPA’s, Lagers, Porters. Haven’t found a Stout that I want to repeat. Any suggestions?

Trying this Toasted Bock for the first time it’s pretty good but still looking…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
576 Posts
I like my Scotch and Bourbon but with a Maduro I enjoy a beer sometimes. I just can’t find that perfect beer since I left Germany.
I’ve tried and like a few IPA’s, Lagers, Porters. Haven’t found a Stout that I want to repeat. Any suggestions?

Trying this Toasted Bock for the first time it’s pretty good but still looking…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same issue, many moons ago, when we left Europe. It was tough to find great beer stateside, (at least in the early 80's)
As far as stouts go, here are my "go-to's"
Guinness Foreign Extra Stout is very good
The Extra Stout is really good too, but the Foreign Extra is much better. Don't confuse it with the standard Stout, which is nitro-infused and creamy.
Heavy Seas Peg Leg stout is fantastic. I don't know where you hail from, but it's available up and down the East Coast
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout is a good one too.
Yuengling Dark Brewed Porter is surprisingly good too.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you can stand the rain and cooler temps then Oregon & Washington are a mecca of micro-breweries where you can get the whole spectrum of beers. An uncle of mine who was very into beer lived in Missouri and loved coming out here when he could because of the great selections about. I believe Rogue Ales was one of his favorites. See if you can find them locally or if a liquor store can get them.

1681 - 1688 of 1688 Posts