Cigar Forums banner
1641 - 1660 of 1663 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Man! You lucky folks have got all the Eagle Rare that Louisiana is missing. Checked Total Wine, no bottles within 200 miles, all my normal spots empty.
2019, I could pretty much find it anywhere in Michigan. Even in grocery stores. Since then, it's a ghost.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk
I remember, about 10-15 years ago, (time flies :LOL:), that the liquor store next to the 7-11 in West Dover Vt, (Mt Snow), had it on sale for $19.99 a bottle. I bought a couple of cases, and gifted most of it to friends and family.

The only way I'll drink it, is cut with a splash of Stagg Jr., which makes it exceptional.

That being said, I do have a 375ml barrel pick that I haven't cracked yet. Reading your posts make me want to open it and re-visit this.

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
Man! You lucky folks have got all the Eagle Rare that Louisiana is missing. Checked Total Wine, no bottles within 200 miles, all my normal spots empty.
Eagle Rare here is allocated and isn’t put on the shelves here. Blanton’s same and Little Book with a few more. I call Nick and have him pull a bottle from the back, he puts my name on it and sits under the checkout counter. They just started this with ER a couple months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
Bird Hood Font Feather Wing

Automotive tire Automotive design Wood Tire Couch

Fella I know called me today. Said he had a couple bottles of Eagle Rare. I got 5

Bottle Liquid Fluid Glass bottle Drink

and after reading about oak and eden on Cigar Federation, finally same fella grabbed me a bottle also.

Gonna break out the glasses tonight. And I’d like a fire, but we are at temporary housing since the hurricane and not sure how the neighbors handle fires.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Eagle Rare here is allocated and isn’t put on the shelves here. Blanton’s same and Little Book with a few more. I call Nick and have him pull a bottle from the back, he puts my name on it and sits under the checkout counter. They just started this with ER a couple months ago.

How much are they charging for the Blanton's & Eagle Rare, if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
563 Posts
The last two bottles I picked up was Blanton’s $61 and Eagle Rare $39

Given the current state of bourbon, those prices aren't too obscene.
Not a big fan of either, but I've seen people pay a helluva lot more for 'em. I remember hemming & hawing over the $50.00 price tag for Blanton's a few years back, when buying it as a gift 😅

·
Registered
574 Posts
Read good things about the Mount Gay so I thought I'd give it a try (haven't yet). The Founders IPA is a 2018 release and the Epic Imperial Stout is a 2019 release...might have those in 2 or 3 years. And the Mad Elf is part of a years old experiment of comparing them through the years. I have 5 or 6 from 2015 and a bomber from 2010. It's just good fun to compare the different vintages and how much they change over time.

Bottle Drinking establishment Curtain Glass bottle Barware

1641 - 1660 of 1663 Posts