Cigar Forums banner

1561 - 1577 of 1577 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm not a wine fan but I prefer bold reds. Thus in terms of "smooth easy drinking" I would shy away from red zinfandel and chianti. Those have strong, bold flavor, which is why I prefer them. I'd drink water over a meek red or rosé wine.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Bookers Pigskin, neat, with some various cheeses, Parmesan, bleu, and two types of Gouda, before dinner yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love cheese with a good wine. Never tried with whisky. What are your thoughts on the combination

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love cheese with a good wine. Never tried with whisky. What are your thoughts on the combination

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First time I tried cheese with whiskey which is why I tried several. I thought the bleu cheese with Bookers was excellent. The other cheeses were good with Bookers. My initial opinion is that strong flavorful cheeses would go with whiskies with strong flavors and character. Milder cheeses would go better milder flavored whiskies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Latest haul...went on a mini-spree with Mom at the package store...everything I bought was on sale. No way I was passing up Woodford rye at $21.95, Laphroaig 10 yr at $38.95, Ardbeg 10 yr $44.95 or Maker's Cask strength at $42.95. All tax free 😁
The prices aren't always the best there, (Lagavulin 16 yr at $120.00 is a hard pass), but the sale prices are usually pretty damn good. The Baby Hudson has always intrigued me, but I refused to pay $50.00 for it. At sale price of $37.95, I snagged a couple. It's discontinued and renamed, hence the sale price. Cracked one open last night and it ain't bad.

1561 - 1577 of 1577 Posts