Cigar Forums banner

1541 - 1560 of 1577 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Nice haul!
That Temple Bar is intriguing. We stayed in Dublin a few years ago, and developed a taste for Irish whiskey. We tried a lot of whiskey. Please post after you've tried some, and let us know how you like it.
I’m part Irish and never had Irish whiskey. I bought a cheap bottle of DEW and liked it a lot. I will let you know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
515 Posts
I’m part Irish and never had Irish whiskey. I bought a cheap bottle of DEW and liked it a lot. I will let you know for sure.

Nice!
As you may have figured out, I'm a big bourbon and rye fan. I was never into Irish whiskey, until we visited Ireland, and tried so many. We took a tour of the Irish Whiskey Museum, learned a lot, and were pleasantly surprised by the quality, and choices, of the whiskey over there.

·
Registered
515 Posts

Here's one I can highly recommend. It's pretty much the house whiskey at all the pubs we visited in Ireland and everyone was drinking it. It used to be hard to find, stateside, but it's easy to find now. One Bartender told us that "We send the Jameson's to America, and keep the Power's for ourselves!"
The Gold Label is an excellent pour, and, at around $30.00 , it's a great buy. I've converted a couple of Jameson's fans with this stuff.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Here's one I can highly recommend. It's pretty much the house whiskey at all the pubs we visited in Ireland and everyone was drinking it. It used to be hard to find, stateside, but it's easy to find now. One Bartender told us that "We send the Jameson's to America, and keep the Power's for ourselves!"
The Gold Label is an excellent pour, and, at around $30.00 , it's a great buy. I've converted a couple of Jameson's fans with this stuff. View attachment 306935
Thanks I’ll check that out, I hear this one is really good but can’t find it around Nashville.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
28,998 Posts

Reactions: Aimless1

·
Registered
263 Posts
The Gold Label is an excellent pour, and, at around $30.00 , it's a great buy. I've converted a couple of Jameson's fans with this stuff.
You converted me! I just got this bottle of John's Lane ($69.95) two days ago and it goes great with soda, on the rocks, and neat:

Irish whiskey flavor but milder/smoother than Jameson.

For those into rum -- and bourbon -- the Foursquare is a powerful drink. Too much for my liking; Foursquare rums are highly rated and their bourbon casks have a strong bourbon flavor for those into bourbons. Can't taste as much of the port and, personally, the flavors are too contrasting (bourbon and port) and I don't really taste "rum" in them. There's a Zinfandel blend as well if one likes wine but, again, not for me.

·
Registered
515 Posts
You converted me! I just got this bottle of John's Lane ($69.95) two days ago and it goes great with soda, on the rocks, and neat: View attachment 307043

For those into rum -- and bourbon -- the Foursquare is a powerful drink. Too much for my liking; Foursquare rums are highly rated and their bourbon casks have a strong bourbon flavor for those into bourbons. Can't taste as much of the port and, personally, the flavors are too contrasting (bourbon and port) and I don't really taste "rum" in them. There's a Zinfandel blend as well if one likes wine but, again, not for me.
Glad to help! I
You converted me! I just got this bottle of John's Lane ($69.95) two days ago and it goes great with soda, on the rocks, and neat: View attachment 307043

Glad to help! I didn't recommend the John's Lane, because it's kind of pricey, but it's a really good one.
I'm not much of a rum drinker but, on occasion, I keep a bottle of the Real McCoy 12 Year on hand. I'm not a big fan of finished whiskey, but I do have a barrel pick, that a friend of mine took part in, of some Backbone Uncut Single barrel, that was finished for a year in a Jamaican rum cask. It's actually very good. I call it the "bourbon for rum drinkers. Every one of my rum drinking friends, who tried it, really seemed to like it.

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Question for the wine drinkers. What are some smooth easy drinking white and red wines? I've only had a white wine a couple times, and it was very good.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
28,998 Posts
Question for the wine drinkers. What are some smooth easy drinking white and red wines? I've only had a white wine a couple times, and it was very good.
I Don't drink wine but my girlfriend does.
Only Reds she doesnt like whites.
These are what she drinks they are all smooth.
Or so she says LOL!

CABERNET SAUVIGNON
MERLOT
ZINFANDEL
PINOT NOIR
PETITE SIRAH

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
For smooth white wine I would go with sauvignon blanc, on red maybe a red blend like fog theory, the federalist or the prisoner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What are some smooth easy drinking white and red wines?
Others have covered reds well. I like German whites - Rieslings. There are a couple of subcategories (I'm not an expert); I am familiar with three - Qualitätswein, Spätlese, and Auslese. Auslese is the sweetest and quite nice as a dessert wine. Qualitätswein is the least sweet of the three. My favorite is the Spätlese. You can find reasonably priced German whites everywhere.

1541 - 1560 of 1577 Posts