Cigar Forums banner

1501 - 1520 of 1524 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
@Skinsfan1311
That is an amazing price for Trace enjoy!
Thanks!
Latest haul. $206.00 out the door, (not including the Ardbeg, which was gifted).
The biggest bargain in the bunch is the Buffalo Trace. Mom called me from the package store and asked, "How many bottles of Buffalo Trace do you want for $21.99?" Had I known that they were liter bottles, I would've had her grab a case.
Oh that Ardbeg Corryvreckan. Delicious yes. Had a very bad experience though
4 glasses in about 2 hours will do that to you though. Took almost 2 whole days to recover from that one. Nice pickups.
Yeah....I imagine cask strength booze will do that. 😂😂 I love Islay whiskey, with Laphroaig, Laguvillan, and Ardbeg, in particular
The only cask strength Islay scotch that I've had is the Laphroaig 10 year. Been nursing that one for a year. I'm looking forward to trying the Corryvreckan

·
The Great Green One
2,798 Posts
Thanks!

Yeah....I imagine cask strength booze will do that. 😂😂 I love Islay whiskey, with Laphroaig, Laguvillan, and Ardbeg, in particular
The only cask strength Islay scotch that I've had is the Laphroaig 10 year. Been nursing that one for a year. I'm looking forward to trying the Corryvreckan
The Corryvreckan is MUCH stronger peat wise than the Laphroaig 10 fyi. A great whiskey if you ever need to clear your sinuses.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks!

The Corryvreckan is MUCH stronger peat wise than the Laphroaig 10 fyi. A great whiskey if you ever need to clear your sinuses.
Perfect! That's what I'm hoping for.
I love Ardbeg, and have had a several different expressions. I prefer it to the Laphroaig. The Corryvreckan sounds like it's right up my alley.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Today's pickups. I didn't know the Dogfish IPA was 18% abv. Hoo Boy!
That Dogfish 120 ain't cheap, either! Around here, it's around $40.00 for a 4-pack. It's one of those beers that improves dramatically with age. It's really good now but, if you're patient enough, it's phenomenal.

·
The Great Green One
2,798 Posts
That Dogfish 120 ain't cheap, either! Around here, it's around $40.00 for a 4-pack. It's one of those beers that improves dramatically with age. It's really good now but, if you're patient enough, it's phenomenal.
No it wasn't cheap but it wasn't $40. I'm more excited about finding a grocery store near me that has more of the Cranberry Jelly Donut by Platform. I'm going back later today to see if I can pick up more since it was a one off.

·
Registered
428 Posts
No it wasn't cheap but it wasn't $40. I'm more excited about finding a grocery store near me that has more of the Cranberry Jelly Donut by Platform. I'm going back later today to see if I can pick up more since it was a one off.
The cheapest I've seen it was around $35.00, a few years ago. I have no problem paying $40.00. I rarely drink beer anymore, so I don't mind dropping the $$$. I bought a couple 4-packs a month, or so, ago. Drank one. Will drink another 6 months from now, and so on, until they're gone. It's crazy how they evolve. I have friends who have aged them for 3, and even 4, years. I can't wait that long😁

·
The Great Green One
2,798 Posts
The cheapest I've seen it was around $35.00, a few years ago. I have no problem paying $40.00. I rarely drink beer anymore, so I don't mind dropping the $$$. I bought a couple 4-packs a month, or so, ago. Drank one. Will drink another 6 months from now, and so on, until they're gone. It's crazy how they evolve. I have friends who have aged them for 3, and even 4, years. I can't wait that long😁
I've never aged beer before. I plan on drinking one tonight maybe. Should I just leave the other 3 in the fridge and bury them or can I take them out of the fridge and put them in my basement where it's like 67f year round.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
So I’ve probably asked before but lost my pics. Looking for a good Irish Whiskey at a reasonable price since I’ve never purchased a bottle. Recommendation??

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
So I've probably asked before but lost my pics. Looking for a good Irish Whiskey at a reasonable price since I've never purchased a bottle. Recommendation??
Green spot is very good. Knopauge castle as well. Of course redbreast is one of the best in this category

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
So I've probably asked before but lost my pics. Looking for a good Irish Whiskey at a reasonable price since I've never purchased a bottle. Recommendation??
Power's Gold Label

"reasonable price" can run the gamut of prices, depending on who you're asking. Full disclosure: I'm a cheap bastard, and proud of it.:wink2:

We drank all kinds of whiskey when we visited Ireland, and kept coming back to it. That's pretty much what the locals in Dublin drank. At a few of the pubs, if you asked for whiskey, without naming it, that's what they served.

It's a steal at around $30.00

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
28,623 Posts
The 5 Best Irish Whiskeys Under $50 IMHO. :vs_cool:

1 Redbreast 12 Year Old. Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey
2 Connerama Original Peated Single Malt
3 Glendalough Double Barrel Irish Whiskey
4 Jameson Black Barrel
5 Knappogue Castle 12 Year Old

·
H.R. Pufnstuf
6,321 Posts
You might give Tullamore Dew a try. I like the "normal"...the 12yr rivals Jameson 12 so my folks say.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
You might give Tullamore Dew a try. I like the "normal"...the 12yr rivals Jameson 12 so my folks say.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I picked this one up on the cheap side. I don't like Peated and this has the sweet tasting notes. Will see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1501 - 1520 of 1524 Posts