Cigar Forums banner

1481 - 1500 of 1524 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Little chilly out tonight warming up with some Larceny bourbon and a Monticristo. This is the barrel select I'm trying tonight for a wheated bourbon it's got a better flavor profile than Wellers I can see why it's hard to find. The barrel proof should be even better at 8yrs old and 122 proof

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
Little chilly out tonight warming up with some Larceny bourbon and a Monticristo. This is the barrel select I'm trying tonight for a wheated bourbon it's got a better flavor profile than Wellers I can see why it's hard to find. The barrel proof should be even better at 8yrs old and 122 proof

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Now I have to find a bottle.

I have, what is probably the worst of the Stagg Jr releases, (batch 2). It's a hot mess, but, for whatever reason, when blended with Buffalo Trace, it's really good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'm really, really digging this barrel pick. I managed to trade for another bottle. Mrs. Skinsfan loves American ryes, and has a very good palate. She ranks this as one of the best she's ever had. I'm inclined to agree.
I am curious to get a report from Mrs Skinsfan on that Redemtion Rye you will be getting soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm really, really digging this barrel pick. I managed to trade for another bottle. Mrs. Skinsfan loves American ryes, and has a very good palate. She ranks this as one of the best she's ever had. I'm inclined to agree.
I am curious to get a report from Mrs Skinsfan on that Redemtion Rye you will be getting soon

Me too!

·
Registered
428 Posts

Mrs. Skinsfan and I love it. We're suckers for MGP juice, so I thought that we would. (She just poked her head in the back porch and exclaimed, "this rye is really good! 😅) and she's tough to impress. This one was definitely pulled from a honey barrel and hits on all cylinders. The oak is dominate, but not overwhelming, (if that makes sense). The finish is perfectly spicy, oaky, (I'm getting some vanilla and something else that I can't put my finger on, a little caramel, maybe?), is wonderful.

I'm convinced enough to add this to the rotation. Even if I can't find the 10 year, I'll snag some of the others. If they're even as half as good as this one, they'll have a spot in our bunker.
I'm glad that you included this one in our exchange. Thanks, again!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Mrs. Skinsfan and I love it. We're suckers for MGP juice, so I thought that we would. (She just poked her head in the back porch and exclaimed, "this rye is really good! 😅) and she's tough to impress. This one was definitely pulled from a honey barrel and hits on all cylinders. The oak is dominate, but not overwhelming, (if that makes sense). The finish is perfectly spicy, oaky, (I'm getting some vanilla and something else that I can't put my finger on, a little caramel, maybe?), is wonderful.

I'm convinced enough to add this to the rotation. Even if I can't find the 10 year, I'll snag some of the others. If they're even as half as good as this one, they'll have a spot in our bunker.
Here you go buddy. It's actually going for a nice deal right here

https://www.wine.com/product/redemption-10-year-barrel-proof-rye-whiskey/531496

·
Registered
428 Posts
Mrs. Skinsfan and I love it. We're suckers for MGP juice, so I thought that we would. (She just poked her head in the back porch and exclaimed, "this rye is really good! 😅
and she's tough to impress. This one was definitely pulled from a honey barrel and hits on all cylinders. The oak is dominate, but not overwhelming, (if that makes sense). The finish is perfectly spicy, oaky, (I'm getting some vanilla and something else that I can't put my finger on, a little caramel, maybe?), is wonderful.

Here you go buddy. It's actually going for a nice deal right here

https://www.wine.com/product/redemption-10-year-barrel-proof-rye-whiskey/531496

Thanks Dan!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Damn forget to mention they have a discount code for first time buyers and I think $20 off if you buy from the app. Put all together and you get a steal

They're out of stock:vs_mad: I'll keep checking.

On-line liquor stores can't ship to Maryland, because of their arcane distributorship rules, but I have friends in Northern Va, who don't mind taking on these shipments for me, so that's not an issue. We have some good liquor stores around here, with great selections. I'll look for it next time I hit a liquor store.

We're headed South, to see family, and that always involves a field trip to the package store, at the Naval Base. They have a fantastic selection and aren't limited by local distributorship laws, so there are typically a lot of great finds, cheap prices and tax-free!

Thanks, again!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Latest haul. $206.00 out the door, (not including the Ardbeg, which was gifted).
The biggest bargain in the bunch is the Buffalo Trace. Mom called me from the package store and asked, "How many bottles of Buffalo Trace do you want for $21.99?" Had I known that they were liter bottles, I would've had her grab a case.

Attachments

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
28,623 Posts
@Skinsfan1311
That is an amazing price for Trace enjoy!:vs_cool:

·
The Great Green One
2,798 Posts
Latest haul. $206.00 out the door, (not including the Ardbeg, which was gifted).
The biggest bargain in the bunch is the Buffalo Trace. Mom called me from the package store and asked, "How many bottles of Buffalo Trace do you want for $21.99?" Had I known that they were liter bottles, I would've had her grab a case.
Oh that Ardbeg Corryvreckan. Delicious yes. Had a very bad experience though :vs_laugh: 4 glasses in about 2 hours will do that to you though. Took almost 2 whole days to recover from that one. Nice pickups.

1481 - 1500 of 1524 Posts