Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8,376 Posts
Gotta agree with 65%. Have had mine at just over 70% & didn't like the way they were burning. My small unsophisticated destop humi won't keep over 65% & everthing out of there smokes perfectly

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Both are fine, and different cigars will prefer a tad wetter or a tad dryer, but both 65% and 70% are good for about 90% of the cigars out there. Hence, they are pretty much the two most common standards.

That said, I have 70% beads in my humi. I figured that I could just dry box for a day or so those cigars that smoke better when they are a little dryer. As it turns out, I don't quite have enough beads for the size of my humi anyway so the 70% beads only keep it in the 62-65% range and most of my cigars seem to like that range just fine. I'll probably eventually replace them with 65% beads (and enough for my humi's size).

· Banned
18,523 Posts
Both are fine, and different cigars will prefer a tad wetter or a tad dryer, but both 65% and 70% are good for about 90% of the cigars out there. Hence, they are pretty much the two most common standards.

That said, I have 70% beads in my humi. I figured that I could just dry box for a day or so those cigars that smoke better when they are a little dryer. As it turns out, I don't quite have enough beads for the size of my humi anyway so the 70% beads only keep it in the 62-65% range and most of my cigars seem to like that range just fine. I'll probably eventually replace them with 65% beads (and enough for my humi's size).
Good response here and agree to it 100%. Some cigars are better at 70% RH but that is only according to individual tastes. 65% is a safe bet and for starting out is probably the preferred bet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.