Cigar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· CigarFish
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't change my signature--I keep getting this message--What gives????????

· CigarFish
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys--I wasn't getting plain text either but its finally U&R

· An Old Retired Wiseguy!
3,562 Posts
We announced this a while back - we dont allow pictures in sig files any more - was eating up too much bandwidth/system resources and was causing site slowness for everyone - in addition we removed BB code as colors and font sizes in some cases were way out of control and were making actual posts hard to read and hard on the eyes
Since the switch over of owners and the eventual switch over of the form from CS to PUFF, I never posted one comment or complaint. I let things be and tried to simply continue to let things evolve.

Well, I'm complaining now! This is BS. I can understand your not wanting to allow pictures because of the space issue, although that's BS as well. Space is usually a very cheap commodity. However, not allowing for the use of Color Text and the Bold feature, takes all of our rights away, in trying to personalize our signature.

This may seem like a very small, almost non-issue to you, but this is exactly the type issue that eats at some of us!

· AlecBradley Regional Mgr.
665 Posts
Since the switch over of owners and the eventual switch over of the form from CS to PUFF, I never posted one comment or complaint. I let things be and tried to simply continue to let things evolve.

Well, I'm complaining now! This is BS. I can understand your not wanting to allow pictures because of the space issue, although that's BS as well. Space is usually a very cheap commodity. However, not allowing for the use of Color Text and the Bold feature, takes all of our rights away, in trying to personalize our signature.

This may seem like a very small, almost non-issue to you, but this is exactly the type issue that eats at some of us!
I gotta agree with him Jon, the man makes a strong argument.

· Granjero del océano
3,628 Posts
This loss of functional BB code has made some legacy threads and post look neglected and unwanted.

Sincerely, have you had a look at any of your favorite vintage threads and posts that utilized BB Code for larger fonts, etc.?

Sad is the only word that comes to mind.

· An Old Retired Wiseguy!
3,562 Posts
Guys. I made a decision and am going to stick with it. I dont want to ask the mods to police signatures because of font sizes or colors being hard on the eyes or in some cases out of control. There is NO way to code restrictions on bb code - and the mods already have enough to watch over. Appreciate your understanding on this one.
It's a very poor business decision, and just because you made it, it doesn't mean you can't reverse it. Your reasoning is very weak and clearly shows that you have no trust or faith in the members of this group! Again, your limiting their ability to express themselves and now it seems that it was your original intention in the first place. When and if the Mods review a post for content, the signatures are staring them right in the face, how much additional police work is it???

There is no understanding on my part. To whatever degree I continue participating on this board, I'll just have to live with it. However, it will always be a thorn in my Ass and it's a big one!!!

Johnny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.