Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday, November 08, 2004
A would-be bank robber in Georgia missed one basic fact: The bank had no money.

Police told the Marietta (Ga.) Daily Journal that Michael Donald Marshall, 39, walked into a Bank of America (search) branch in the Atlanta suburb of Kennesaw Wednesday, said he had a gun and demanded $500.

The employees inside had some bad news for him — the bank was still under construction.

"The tellers told the offender that the bank was not open for business and there is no money," Kennesaw police spokesman Scott Luther told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Responding cops even saw construction workers going in and out of the building with toolboxes.

It "should have been obvious" that the bank wasn't open for business, Luther said.

Marshall had fled the building and was trying to hide behind an entrance column, but came out and admitted trying to rob the bank, police said.

The Marietta man was booked for armed robbery, and police also found that he had an outstanding shoplifting warrant.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
flipflop said:
As my cop relatives and buddies always have told me: The best thing law enforcement has going for it is the stupidity of the vast majority of the ciminals.
Amen! :r

·
Registered
6 Posts
flipflop said:
As my cop relatives and buddies always have told me: The best thing law enforcement has going for it is the stupidity of the vast majority of the ciminals.
Speaking of STUPID criminals, check out this recent video clip of a bank robber/hostage taker in Spain that had no brain when it came to a getaway vehicle:

How to catch a criminal who's riding a motorcycle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.