Cigar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Anything in the general Robusto/belicosos size roughly
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or is the trend the last few years been for bigger and gaudier bands on nc's?
Almost seems like they are in a competition for who can have the largest or gaudiest bands.
Kinda turns me off seeing a really large, gaudy band on a Cigar. Just doesn't look very classy to me like small, simple cc bands are.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Maybe there is not enough paper in Cuba... Who knows?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
{shrug} :)

I couldn't care less about the band. It's the cigar I'm interested in.
I certainly agree, and don't judge them on the band, just something I have noticed in recent years

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
I take it as a marketing scheme. People see a big band, and may buy more, eye catching. Personally, I like simple bands the best as far as looks go. One of my top favorites is the simple RyJ bands.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I take it as a marketing scheme. People see a big band, and may buy more, eye catching. Personally, I like simple bands the best as far as looks go. One of my top favorites is the simple RyJ bands.
Yeah, I definitely prefer the look of the small bands found on all cc's.

Not really sure why it bugs me since I always remove the band before smoking anyway.

Mainly don't really care, just a trend i have noticed with nc's over the years

·
Registered
386 Posts
Another reason I like Padron cigars...small simple band. The ones I find particularly annoying are the big ones around the foot. You can't, or shouldn't, smoke some of the cigar and let the heat loosen the glue so you always run into the possibility of damaging the wrapper (looking at you A.J. Fernandez, for way too much glue and wrapper damage).

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another reason I like Padron cigars...small simple band. The ones I find particularly annoying are the big ones around the foot. You can't, or shouldn't, smoke some of the cigar and let the heat loosen the glue so you always run into the possibility of damaging the wrapper (looking at you A.J. Fernandez, for way too much glue and wrapper damage).
To be fair, at least nc companies mostly use only a little bit of glue on their wrappers, unlike cc's , which use a ridiculous amount on them and i often tear the wrapper getting them off.

I'm sure theres nc exceptions though as you mention

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I must be lucky...smoke mainly AJs and never had that issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts