Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That last box of H. Upmann Magnum 46 I purchased was from 2000 and the cigars were naked. I just received a box from June 2004 and to my surprise they all had bands. When did this start? Are all cabinet cigars banded now?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I think its good that they are starting to put bands on the cigars. You dont want to mix up all the cigars with each other in the humi and dont know what you get when youre going to smoke.

BTW, how are they smoking? Hope theyre good. My next buy is Mag 46.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, all; the article looks familiar so I must have read it at some point. I don't mind the bands as they do help identify the cigars in the humidor. The cigars arrived today; while my willpower to resist is very low, I normally try to let new cigars sit a week or so before I try them. I wasn't pleased with the 2000 Mags but after hearing so much good stuff on this board I went for another try.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I like bands on dress boxes... just leave 'em off the cabinets. But, this will lend more credence to the views that the vitolas going into cabinets are no different than those going into dress boxes. I would guess, though, that cabinet versions will still contain more mis-matched wrapper colors than a dress box. Which is fine with me. I have found however that cabinet boxed cigars tend to sewll more when stored over time. I hope that by placing rings on them that they will not cause damage to the cigars over time.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Matt R said:
I like bands on dress boxes... just leave 'em off the cabinets. But, this will lend more credence to the views that the vitolas going into cabinets are no different than those going into dress boxes. I would guess, though, that cabinet versions will still contain more mis-matched wrapper colors than a dress box. Which is fine with me. I have found however that cabinet boxed cigars tend to sewll more when stored over time. I hope that by placing rings on them that they will not cause damage to the cigars over time.
Very good point Matt, this was my concern too!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I like em naked also. My first ones unbanded were Boli petits a few months ago. I wasn't worried for a second they were fake, same vendor for many years. I did however think it was a factory mix-up until I heard later they were all going to be banded from now on.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
poker said:
Yes, all current production cabinet cigars are now banded.
I just got a box of JL2's from ENE 05 with NO bands from a very good retailer. It would be nice if Habanos s.a. would be consistent! :mad:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
GOAT LOCKER said:
I just got a box of JL2's from ENE 05 with NO bands from a very good retailer. It would be nice if Habanos s.a. would be consistent! :mad:
Don't hold your breath bro. :D The only thing consistent about Cubans is their inconsistency.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts