Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Silverback
2,656 Posts
If you can get it vegetable glue works really well. Its is what most manufatures use.

and yes thanks klugs-no stealing learned my lesson the first time. :D

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
Since the bands fall aff of my sticks and have to be sent in the mail later on :). I use my kids Elmers Glue Stick. It works good, only problem is that it is hard to not get ANY of the gluestick on the smoke and therefore makes about 25% of the re-labels permanent.

Now with apologies, I'm going to hijack your thread along the same line of thought.

What is a good method for labeling unbanded smokes?? I want to know 6 months from now what I've got and how old it is and without a band of some sort, I'll never remember.

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
(909) said:
Since the bands fall aff of my sticks and have to be sent in the mail later on :). I use my kids Elmers Glue Stick. It works good, only problem is that it is hard to not get ANY of the gluestick on the smoke and therefore makes about 25% of the re-labels permanent.

Now with apologies, I'm going to hijack your thread along the same line of thought.

What is a good method for labeling unbanded smokes?? I want to know 6 months from now what I've got and how old it is and without a band of some sort, I'll never remember.
I think the kids Elmer edible glue is starch based, so should be perfect for cigar bands...I should have thought of that, my twins have used that stuff enough.

A lot of people buy blank bands, I have seen group buys here and there. They can be written on and have a bit of sticky so you dont mess up the wrapper.

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
mr.c said:
You can buy blank bands and write on them. Or put them in a baggie and write on the baggie what they are, and box code and date

EX:
Glass top Monte # 2 fak oct 04

:r

jus teasing
That is freakin brutal, right in the heart!!!!!!!!

but funny!!!!!

Thanks Mr C. I deserve it. Anybody got a bridge you want to sell?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I've always found my tongue to work pretty good. If I can't lick an unraveling wrapper into submission, it gets tossed.

edit: D'oh! Here I am bragging about the wonders of my saliva and I realize that we're not talking about the same thing. I was just talking about wrappers that come undone. As far as bands go, I've never had the problem. If one did come off, I'd probably just leave it unbanded.

·
Yeah, yeah... It's me...
958 Posts
I have used pectin... cheap, keeps in the fridge forever but messy to use and slow adhesion... for a really quick and cheap method I use self-adhesive photo mount squares... peel them off and stick the labels back together very easily

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I just use double sided tape.. I put it on the section of the band that's going to be underneath so that none of the tape can get on the cigar and it works pretty good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.