Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm not alone in my newly discovered interest in smoking cigars....but as a result, I've started collecting a little pile of bands, and I figure that I'm not the only one doing so. So here is my question to all of you band collectors out there. What is the best method you've found for seperating the bands with the least amount of damage so you can lay them out flat once they are off of the cigar? I've tried searching the forum here, but have yet to come up with anything.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I dont know if anyone has seen this but you can send your collected bands in to this place to trade for stuff: www.bandwagonusa.com

With 100 bands (500 points) you can get a Zippo for $5.00 and they have other stuff.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Treyjo43 said:
I usually let the heat of the cigar lossen up the glue on the band. Works very well most of the time, but some brands use alot more glue than others so your always going to rip a few of them...
Sounds about right I guess. Had a CAO Mx2 the other night, and I left the band on til it risked being burned....band popped off and apart by itself. Usually I don't leave the bands on while I smoke, but it sounds like I may have to change my preference.

Funny to see that someone has started a reward program for cigar smokers like Marlboro and Camel have for cigarette smokers.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
623 Posts
friendoofop said:
I know I'm not alone in my newly discovered interest in smoking cigars....but as a result, I've started collecting a little pile of bands, and I figure that I'm not the only one doing so. So here is my question to all of you band collectors out there. What is the best method you've found for seperating the bands with the least amount of damage so you can lay them out flat once they are off of the cigar? I've tried searching the forum here, but have yet to come up with anything.
When I remove a band, there is usually glue on the left side with the torn backing on it. I lay it on a flat surface and use an x-acto knife to carfully scrape of the torn paper on top of the glue. It take a little time, but I've had good results most the time.

Here's some bands I've collected - http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/cigartexan/bands

I have stopped for the most part, but still find some great ones now and then.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It really depends on what you want to do with your bands. Right now, I've got about 1200 in a glass vase. They look pretty cool in there. The wifey is a big scrapbooker and wants to glue the cool bands on a dark background in a kind of mosaic suitable for framing and hanging in the man room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.