Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Pipe Smokin' Piranha
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been feeling a bit weird lately so decided it was time to go to the doctor's office. Blood work shows severe advanced renal and heart failure. So, more tests upcoming but not looking real good.

· Registered
1,932 Posts
Been feeling a bit weird lately so decided it was time to go to the doctor's office. Blood work shows severe advanced renal and heart failure. So, more tests upcoming but not looking real good.
Sorry to hear it brother

Is this something you've had before?

· Pipe Smokin' Piranha
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks folks, don't mind sharing that I am scared to death about all this. This is nothing I've had before, pretty much always been strong as an ox, aside from the normal wear and tear any 55-year-old goes through. My doctor called and didn't seem too overly concerned about the bloodwork results, but did put me on Lasix and told me to watch my salt intake. I'm now monitoring my blood sugar and blood pressure daily to try to get a hold of this thing. Panic attacks have been added to the mix as well.

· Pipe Smokin' Piranha
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Saw the doctor today...
Congestive heart failure and diabetes are what I'm facing. Prescribed lots of medications to combat the symptoms. Have a lung capacity test on the 10th and a followup on the 31st to check how / if the meds are helping.

· Pipe Smokin' Piranha
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all.
The medication is bringing my cholesterol and A1C levels down. Current medications include Farxiga, metformin, furosemide, rosuvastatin, Nexium 24 hour OTC, and soon to begin Entresto. My panic attacks seem to be growing fewer and further in between, but still going to mention it to the doctor on the 31st, my next followup appointment. The good thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

· Pipe Smokin' Piranha
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any lifestyle choices/changes other than cigars to help you?
Drastic diet changes... Very closely watching my carbs and sugar intake, as well as bad fats... I've lost almost 40 pounds since first Dr's visit, and checking blood sugar, blood pressure and heart rate twice a day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts