Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Funky Monkey
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day i found another place to buy cigars. It is at a big store called Gigante (like a Walmart but with grocery and food, but Mexico style :rolleyes: ). In a section they installed a humidor cabinet (like poker's humi) and have several cuban selections. I was looking at them and found some Upmanns Robusto size which were priced at 1.50$ the stick. I asked the guy for the price and said that was it, so i thought it was pretty cheap. So i got a few but went cheking again for more smokes and in the lower shelf i saw a price tag for those upmanns that had fell down and the real price was 5$ each :confused:. To tag them so i could pay them at the cashier He marked them as matacan cigars(some flavored cigars from mexico) ,since the real price tag had fallen, and pretended that was the name of the cigars i was buying( he grabed the cigar and looked at the band and said "yeah this is it") . I realized the guy got it mixed up before I payed for them and didnt say nothing :s Is this gonna affect my cigar Karma or is it not my fault? What do you guys think? keep in mind I wouldnt have done it if it had been at a cigar shop (cause it would have affected directly to this guy/owner), but since it is a big corporation store i thought what the heck they wont even notice :al .

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Your in a very gray area. If that place is anything like the evil company Walmart, I say rejoice. However, if it isn't, then its like a little white lie.

Jeff

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
The downside Carlos is any shrinkage will reflect in the prices down the road. The next guy might get charged alot more to make up for the mistake. My ex worked in retail management for years,and she would tell me the effects of incorrect pricing.Less payroll which meant more hours for her and higher prices for consumers. Simply picking up things and deciding you don't want them and just sitting the item down in another location,means an employee has to restock thus affecting overhead. Higher prices passed on to the consumer. And of course there is the ethical side of it. The fact that this concerns you speaks volumes about the type of person you are. Do what you think is right in your heart Carlos, you ultimately have to look at the fellow in the mirror. As Jeff said it sure is a gray area.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I think if ya gotta ask, then your conscience is telling you something. At least you have a conscience :D . Yep, it's wrong, no bones about it. I can't say I have not done similar in the past, like seeing a bottle of wine not charged on my restaraunt bill and not saying anything. You can atone for this sin by signing up for a box pass and putting all these sinful stogies in :r

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
I just had a vision of how to tell if you got bad karma or not. Next time you light up, if you have draw problems, then you got bad karma. If not, don't look back. :bx

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Don't beat up on yourself, but your conscience is a gentle reminder that you did the wrong thing. God knows, I've done plenty of em myself :confused: .

I would go in & explain to the guy that you think he charged you the wrong price because you are sure that the cigars are worth more than that & he made a mistake. He may tell you to forget it because it is probably more trouble to fix than it is worth. He will appreciate your honesty & God will smile & melt some of the ice that formed around your heart the last time you didn't listen to your conscience.

There. A little dose of Hat's homespun, homeopathic karma therapy. :)

·
Funky Monkey
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, guys thanks for the advice, next time i wont be such a greedy swine ( ;) ) and tell the guy :).
By the way i havent had a bad draw on them so i think god let it pass this time ;)

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I've had that happen to me before. Hey, a seller's mistake is a buyer's gold pot.

Now I always felt that fair is fair and if the store treated me right the first time, then I went back to do more business with them knowing that they'll make up for their initial mistake with the repeat business.

If they keep making mistakes, well then they shouldn't remain in business.

Just my .02 .

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I think youll be ok or im doomed too: a couple months ago I stopped in a shop I usally dont stop into cuz its out of the way, but this time there was a young guy behind the counter. I walked in and sed sup to the guy behind the counter, as i walked in the humi i saw a box of 1926 PANs #6s it was marked $250.00 i brought out the box and asked him if the price is right? He responded like i was stupid saying "Of course it is I priced it myself!" I paid for it with my creditcard, and when i got my statement he only charged me $150.00! So Ill be doomed too if the karma gods get me too.... :hn

·
Registered
904 Posts
eef said:
basically I think what floyd is saying is your going straight to hell. Enjoy the cigars greedy swine!
-eef
I saw this happen to a good friend. He lit up and his lips got some kind of desease and fell off. :pu

Send me the cigars and I will dispose of them for you in the proper manner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.