Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you have seen, I organized Shilala Smackdown '08. I did it as a way to pay homage to Shilala for the fun, creativity and fellowship he brings to CS. Because this guy can sniff out a conspiracy like a buzzard smells carrion, I tried to be super-secret and handle all communication through PMs with the legion of gorillas who were to take part. In the fun I was having with the whole thing over the past few weeks, I included a list of participants in my updates to everyone.

One of them decides to turn Benedict Arnold ...

A guy I thought was a friend & herf-buddy decides to PM a bunch of the participants and ask: "Wouldn't it be great if we hit Vin at the same time we hit Shilala?"

Most people would have the good sense to reply: "That's a horrible idea." But at CS, any opportunity to gang tackle and pile on is not only accepted but encouraged. So I've had endure a few days of bomb after bomb landing on my doorstep (which I now affectionately call "The Crater").

We'll start with that traitorous lech who thought it would be such great fun to turn my own plan against me.

I call this one "Eh tu, Gargoyle?"

Patrick & I have herfed together enough that he knows what I like. The Oliva V is one of my favs, and the Opus X is always in the rotation when I have enough of them. I haven't really explored the ISOM slope. Patrick knows this and decides to nudge me with a sweet looking Boli. He also knows I'm a Gurkha whore, so he hits me with an Ancient Warrior, a stick I've always wanted to try but never had the opportunity. Throw in an Ashton VSG, and you've got a nice package of back-stabbing love.

:mnTHANKS, PATRICK ... I hate you. (But can I say I love the chimp wearing the suicide bomber vest made of bananas!) :mn

There's more to post from those of Gargoyle's ilk, and I will have them up shortly!

· Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The next bomb was a tag-team job by dwhitacre joined by the lovely and talented, cigarwife. Darell hit me with a CI Legend (Pepin blend), a Punch Gran Puro, RyJ Reserva Real, El Mejor Espresso and a 5 Vegas A. It's a great combination of mild to medium to maduro smokes.

However, not to be outdone, cigarwife adds her own little personal touch to this package of destruction.

COOKIES!

Heather found the magic bullet to soothe my savage breast: chocolate chip cookies. Before I opened a 5-finger bag, before I fondled any of the cigars, before I sat down to send off a "thank-you" note, I tore open that container of cookies and feasted on some serious deliciousness. Mmmmmmmmmm good! I should probably state the obvious: there used to be a whole lot more cookies in there.

And who would have thought you could use a tupperdor to ship cookies? Go figure!

Heather & Darrell - Thank you for the tremendously thoughtful bomb. I'll make sure the tupperdor gets back to you in tip top shape. Oh no, no -- I insist.

· Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know a lot of you out there ask yourself: "I wonder if that ahc4353 is a great big a-hole?"
One word answer: Yup.

Al thought it would be just great fun to employ a strategy of shock & awe while blowing me away.

See the nice leather Max Benjamin travel humi? Al decides to stuff it with cigars. A Fonseca, a Don Lino Africa -- one of my new favs, a Zino Platinum Stout (never had a Zino of any kind), a yummy looking San Cristobal (does Pepin make a bad stick?) and a nice Fuente. Al, buddy, help me out on this one. A lot of the AF's look so similar to me and there are so many, that I have no idea what this is. Usually, I'd research it, but the last few days I've been inundated with all these bombs that I've been running around like a crazy man playing cigar tetris.

You, my friend, need to be dealt with.

· Registered
3,150 Posts
The next bomb was a tag-team job by dwhitacre joined by the lovely and talented, cigarwife. Darell hit me with a CI Legend (Pepin blend), a Punch Gran Puro, RyJ Reserva Real, El Mejor Espresso and a 5 Vegas A. It's a great combination of mild to medium to maduro smokes.

However, not to be outdone, cigarwife adds her own little personal touch to this package of destruction.

COOKIES!

Heather found the magic bullet to soothe my savage "breast": chocolate chip cookies. Before I opened a 5-finger bag, before I fondled any of the cigars, before I sat down to send off a "thank-you" note, I tore open that container of cookies and feasted on some serious deliciousness. Mmmmmmmmmm good! I should probably state the obvious: there used to be a whole lot more cookies in there.

And who would have thought you could use a tupperdor to ship cookies? Go figure!

Heather & Darrell - Thank you for the tremendously thoughtful bomb. I'll make sure the tupperdor gets back to you in tip top shape. Oh no, no -- I insist.
Vin,

Glad you enjoyed the package, however I don't know if I want my wife soothing or fondling your Savage Breast!!! Is it just the one or both?:r

Darrell

· Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damnit!

Why didn't I think of this?:D
Sarcastic bastid! The back story on Tim's bomb is he would be traveling when this hit was supposed to launch. Wanting things to go smooth, I offer to ship for him. So he sends me his Shilala Smackdown package and includes a goodie bag for me:

* A Gurkha Genghis Khan(!)
* Bad to the Bone Tour 2007 stick from Outlaw Cigar. (I'm pretty sure this a Pepin blend.)
* An RyJ Anniversario
* A couple of ISOMs that I can only describe as delicious

Now for the apology: I forgot to take a pic of Tim's bomb! The ISOMs died a fiery death shortly after their receipt and the other three are buried somewhere in either the end table humi, vino or one of three other desktop humis. I had to go out and buy tupperware today because I have no friggin' space. Don't get me wrong -- it's a great problem to have, but I feel bad I can't post a pic. You're the man, Tim. We're even now, right? No more surprises!

· Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ChasDen adds to the carnage by hitting me with:

* Gurkha Expedition
* Gran Habano #3
* 5 Vegas A Box-Pressed
* RP 1992 Box-Pressed
* Padilla Hybrid

Not satisfied with exclusively sending smokeables, Chuck includes honey roasted peanuts, tea and Mad Croc Energy Gum. I've actually put the gum to use the last couple days ... and will likely need to do so again during this process as well!

· Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dunng is one of those guys who doesn't know when enough is enough. This gorilla has bombed me before, so you'd think he'd take it easy this time around.

Nope.

* Cohiba -- help me out, Greg. I need more info on this one.
* Oliva V -- this is one jaw-breaker of a stick. RG must be 60+
* Partagas #2 from some island south of Miami
* AF Anejo
* AF Confusione (as in I'm confused by all he Feunte styles)
* Casa Royale -- never even heard of it: help!
* Padilla Obsidian
* Diablo
* RP Sungrown
* Illusione cg:4

Impressive. Speechless. I PM'd Greg to tell him he sucked, but it bears repeating: Greg, you suck!

· Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Might as well stay with the boys from the Bay State.
:gnThe gorillas in MA know how to put the smack down.

MikeyC should really know better. He really should. But I know the second Gargoyle put the thought in his head, he started giggling & tittering like a little school girl. Some people just can't help themselves. MikeyC is one of those people.

* A nice HdM -- don't get to smoke many of these, so I'm looking forward to trying it
* Bad to the Bone Tour - Pepin blend (love me some Pepins!)
* Bad to the Bone Tour - CAO blend
* CI Legends - Pepin blend (are you sensing a pattern here?)
* Gispert
* Nestor Reserve - this box pressed stick smells sooooooo good
* Bauza - heard the name; know nothing about it. Mike will have to fill me in over drinks and a couple of smokes at Victory Cigar.

My other Bay State Brother, gnukfu has been studying his ass off for law school finals. Somehow, he still manages to find time to rain destruction down on CS. George probably needs to get out more because there's a maliciousness about his bombs. He takes waaaaaaay too much pleasure in putting the hurt on others. I guess he's just practicing to be a lawyer.

* Oliva O Perfecto
* Taboo Special Forces Boot Camp
* La Aurora Barrel Aged
* AF Flor Fina 8-5-8 Maduro
* Diamond Crown Maximus #4

· Registered
3,702 Posts
Vin, on those AF's, Most everything is an "Arturo Fuente Premium". Those cigars have a cut foot. Black bands on the foot are are sungrowns. Green bands on the foot mean something, but I'll be damned if I know what.
All the Fuente's with the nipple tip are from the Hemingway series. They're the best, include the short story and the woam.
Then you go off into anejo's and opus and don carlos and so forth.
Don Carlos have a cut foot with the same gran reserva red band, but with the black ring on the bottom of the band. I've never seen a Don Carlos.

The one Al sent looks like a Fuente Corona Imperial Maduro and the one Dunng sent looks like a Hemingway Signature Maduro.
Don't be impressed. I've been trying to figure the Fuente branding out for about two months and that's all the better I've gotten so far. :D

· Registered
3,691 Posts
Oh Man!!!! You got some of Heather's cookies!!! Those things are GRRRRRRRREEEAATTTT!! They are an excellent accompaniment to a cigar.

The cigars aren't bad either. :ss

COOKIES!

Heather found the magic bullet to soothe my savage breast: chocolate chip cookies. Before I opened a 5-finger bag, before I fondled any of the cigars, before I sat down to send off a "thank-you" note, I tore open that container of cookies and feasted on some serious deliciousness. Mmmmmmmmmm good! I should probably state the obvious: there used to be a whole lot more cookies in there.

· Registered
3,691 Posts
Nice job guys putting Vin in his place!!!! I bet you thought you were pretty clever with the Shilala Smackdown Vin!! Looks like Gargoyle outclevered you!!! I like making up words! :ss

· Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A couple gorillas from Kodak country want to send me headlong down the ISOM slope.

Conch Republican

Mark hit me a Punch Royal Selection #12 that has a mere SEVEN years of age on it. (It's the unbanded stick in the photo.) He also found it necessary to send along smoke that's just been released: Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Sungrown (in the glass tubo). The Don Lino Africa, Camacho 11/18 & Padron round out this sumptuous little piece of heaven.

Fellow Rochesterian(?), DBALL left a wicked mark with this:

* CAO Cx2
* Comacho *****
* RASS(!)
* Fonseca (ISOM)
* DPG Blue (have I mentioned how much I worship that Pepin flavor?)
* Punch

If this is how you guys roll in Rochester, I may need to move to Western New York ... cuz, damn!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.