Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
MattK said:
BabyHumi is almost complete. I only have a couple of tasks left.

1. Install the glass in door
2. Install the Cigar Oasis
3. Add ~6000 cigars and ask mr.c to come over and help smoke them.

Check out the construction of BabiHumi
Hey Matt that is very thoughtfull of you :r

Man that is nice!! Good construction -nice ball bearing full extension drawer slides (those are real expensive folks) where are you buyiing the spanish cedar??

Joe

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
It's humiliating man. Kind of reminds me of when I was six years old & peed next to my Dad. :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mr.c said:
where are you buyiing the spanish cedar??
Joe
Owl Hardwood in DesPlaines. Not cheap stuff. I lined the wall,ceiling, and floor w/1" thick cedar. Drawers are all constructed w/Mahagony.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1f1fan said:
How long did this project take you?
I spent about 4 hours a day for about 3 to 4 weeks. Not too bad. I have built a few others for friends and they went a lot faster. BabiHumi was the first LARGE cabinet sized humidor that I built. Since I didn't have any plans it took me some time to dream them up. I did measure 50 times before each cut and didn't make any mistakes. You really cannot afford to with wood prices like they are.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
partagaspete said:
You my friend are an artisan. beutiful workmanship. What would you say ws the total cost if you don't mind me asking?
T
Huhmmm... I figure with all of the hardware, wood, misc materials. About $1200

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In about 12 hours I am off to Mexico for a nice week long vacation. Talk to everyone soon.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
OooH!! Aahhh!
NICE :)

MattK said:
Huhmmm... I figure with all of the hardware, wood, misc materials. About $1200
Not a bas price for a 6,000 stick humi.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am not worthy......this is one of the most beautiful pieces of furniture I have seen.....color me green with envy! :D

My big project is a 150 qt coolerdor that I will have to keep hidden from view because it is...after all....just a frigging...COOLER!

·
Registered
186 Posts
wow! that is one nice looking humi. i dont know if i'm more jealous of the humi or the 6,000 cigars you are going to put in it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.