Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 3 months of cutting, weeks of my buddy's time doing finish work and 3 months to air out completely, she is finally done. Its holding 67% +/-1% top to bottom, thanks to a Cigar Oasis II and a fish tank air pump which recycles the air 4 times per day. Well I think its time for Bolivar Gig to celebrate a little.

Matt

Here are some construction pics
http://www.drumgod.com/predator/pics/Megador%20JR/

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
WOW!

I am quite impressed.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Very nice...Congrats

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
MattK said:
fish tank air pump which recycles the air 4 times per day.
Sweet lookin humi Matt! Is the aquarium pump just moving air within the humidor, or is it bringing in new air from the room?

GoatLocker

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
MattK said:
Well after 3 months of cutting, weeks of my buddy's time doing finish work and 3 months to air out completely, she is finally done. Its holding 67% +/-1% top to bottom, thanks to a Cigar Oasis II and a fish tank air pump which recycles the air 4 times per day. Well I think its time for Bolivar Gig to celebrate a little.

Matt

Here are some construction pics
http://www.drumgod.com/predator/pics/Megador%20JR/
Very very nice ;) Lots if work in that. That humi is to die for !!!!!!!!

I have been having a frustrating day in the woodshop, I cut a board twice and its still too short~!

joe

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GOAT LOCKER said:
Sweet lookin humi Matt! Is the aquarium pump just moving air within the humidor, or is it bringing in new air from the room?

GoatLocker
The pump only recirculates air inside. Since I open in constantly I give it plenty of fresh air. But that does bring up a good point. Might not be a bad idea, as long as the humidifier can keep up. Huhmmm. I think I will give that a try

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AAlmeter said:
nice work matt...i was wondering where youve been...busy in the shop i guess
Adam,
I thought I read you were looking for a desktop humidor project for your winter break. I have seen some really cool humis but they were pretty complicated. I don' know if could build some of those, lots a very intricate detailed cutting, inlays,etc. I don't remember what kind of tools or experience you have with inlays, etc.. But I will find the websites I found them on and forward them too you. I really want to make a few special humidors for my favorite cigars. I want to build a Bolivar Gigantes and a PSD4 humidor. That will each hold about 50+ cigars. I am thinking to make them completely of spanish ceder and use a quick drying laquer finish for the outside.

If you are ever near Chicago even for a day, give me a call and we can run the Cigar King and or get cigar or two going and enjoy the afternoon. I have no real big plans for the break, except I now the fun part of trying to load BabiHumi.

Talk to you
Matt

give me call sometime 847.561.0594

·
Sneaky Bombin Bastage
2,569 Posts
Great job! That is one impressive humidor.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts