Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all you AZ gorillas, our last HERF down in the valley was a lot of fun enjoyed by all who attended. And to those who couldn't make it..... well.... we missed you but we still enjoyed ourselves.

So as I sit here 4 days before my wedding I'm thinking "Hey, we should have the 2nd CS AZ Crew Herf soon" And I answer myself "That's a great idea"

So myself and I have agreed that it is time to start planning the next AZ Crew Herf. So all you AZ monkeys listen up.

I'm thinking around the end of April for this one. Our last one was on a Fri night but I think it'd be far better for everyone if we shot for a Saturday this time. So, looking at my calendar I'm thinking April 23rd in Sedona, AZ. What does everybody think? The guys who attended the last one decided that this HERF would be in Northern AZ. The location of the next HERF will be decided by the guys in attendence at this HERF.

There are plenty of places to enjoy a fine smoke in Sedona so we'll have plenty to do. However I need everybody to weigh in on a couple of things.
1. Is the 23rd ok for everybody?
2. Do we want to keep this to CS members only or do we want to open it up to people on other forums?
3. Who's all coming?

I know that there are about 7-8 CS members in AZ and I think that would be a pretty good little group of guys, plus I know both Wetterhorn and WillyGT were interested in attending one of these as well.

So let me know what you think guys and we'll get this mother planned :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok guys, I'm getting married tomorrow so I'll be MIA for a couple of weeks, but here's the rundown.

Saturday the 23rd AZ Crew HERF, starting at 3pm at the Lightin' Up Smoke shop in Uptown Sedona. The smoke shop is connected to the Sedona Martini Bar so we'll be able to have a couple cold ones while enjoying our smokes. Then after 3 or 4 smokes :D we'll head on over to the Los Abrigados Steak & Sticks restaurant where we'll enjoy a fabulous steak dinner in a cigar friendly environment. The restaurant also features a billiard room so after dinner we will retire to the billiard room for even more smoking and fun.

I'm thinking this will be a great time for everybody and there'll be plenty of food cocktails and pool for everyone. There might even be an appearance by the fabulous Mrs. XXX (XXXPuppy) :D

If this sounds cool to everyone let me know, if you guys want to change anything just post your suggestions here and we'll git er done.
 

·
Shags homely sheep
Joined
·
5,059 Posts
LasciviousXXX said:
Ok guys, I'm getting married tomorrow .........so I'll be MIA for a couple of weeks(?)
So only a couple of weeks, huh? Whadda ya think, will we ever see XXX again?

Turn off that computer honey and come to bed...you love that board more than me, all you do is post, post, post. Were's mine? You're going to another herf and you haven't taken me out in to dinner in two days!, we'll see about that. Oh wait, I forgot, you're going to be newly weds, thats a different reason then.
Best advice I got about being married was to have the date engraved in my wedding ring. She forgot and I remembered the first anniversary, and I haven't had to take much flak about stuff like that since. Sincerely, xxx, to the both of you, enjoy your big day and your lives together. Here's wishing you both all the best!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
Man this sounds like a blast however I will be in Vegas celebrating my 40th that weekend. I will keep a watch on this to see if it changes (don't expect it to change though). Sorry I am going to miss the 2nd AZ Herf :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Hey! XXX...you are married by now (I've been working too much and haven't been on the site here for a month!). Hope everything went well and you are enjoying the married life....as for me, I had shacked up w/my girl for a couple of years so it wasn't like we woke up after the wedding and felt tingly or anything (just poorer!).

As for the planned Sedona herf...I need to do some serious looking at the calendar. My folks are coming down from Canada to visit (I haven't seen them for a year) and so I need to figure out if I can make a Sedona weekend part of their visit or not! Will keep you posted.

On the bright side, I am looking at potentially hosting a July herf at my place..yes we have a pool, so stop whining about Phoenix in July! Add to that the grill island I put in and the outdoor pool table, and we could have a nice herf night! Still working on the schedule....

Right now put me down as a 50% likelihood for the 4/23 herf you are proposing (PS: if we get pulled over for speeding in Sedona, will mention of your name get us off the hook??) :z
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Awesome!!

Definitely put me down for some smokes, drinks, pool, etc.

Congrats on getting married - it's about time (kscotty and I were getting jealous). We'll have to teach you the secret married-guy handshake. :cool:

see you on April 23rd in Sedona at 3pm at Lighten' Up
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello gentleman..... I'm Back!!!! The Caribbean was great and I smoked a lot of great cigars while I was there.

DsrtDog, sorry you're gonna miss the 2nd Herf bro, don't worry though we'll have many more :D

KScotty, July sounds cool man, as long as its not on the same weekend as the SoCal Herf, cause that's where I'll be July 4th weekend, smokin' with the big boys..... I know I know.... you can tell me how jealous you are later. Let me know if you'll be able to make it to Sedona though Kevin.

So it looks like that its only gonna be myself, Linus, and Big Phil thus far. Any other AZ gorillas interested???? C'mon guys... I'll make it worth your while:D Oh and Linus, you can teach me that secret handshake then
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
LasciviousXXX said:
Hello gentleman..... I'm Back!!!! The Caribbean was great and I smoked a lot of great cigars while I was there.

DsrtDog, sorry you're gonna miss the 2nd Herf bro, don't worry though we'll have many more :D

KScotty, July sounds cool man, as long as its not on the same weekend as the SoCal Herf, cause that's where I'll be July 4th weekend, smokin' with the big boys..... I know I know.... you can tell me how jealous you are later. Let me know if you'll be able to make it to Sedona though Kevin.

So it looks like that its only gonna be myself, Linus, and Big Phil thus far. Any other AZ gorillas interested???? C'mon guys... I'll make it worth your while:D Oh and Linus, you can teach me that secret handshake then
Thanks XXX...My in-laws live in Camp Verde so maybe we could hookup some weekend. Enjoy the Herf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,469 Posts
linusvanpelt said:
Awesome!!

Definitely put me down for some smokes, drinks, pool, etc.

Congrats on getting married - it's about time (kscotty and I were getting jealous). We'll have to teach you the secret married-guy handshake. :cool:

see you on April 23rd in Sedona at 3pm at Lighten' Up
Man...if this had been one week later I could have enjoyed. I will be in Gilbert the weekend of the 30th thru Wed. May 3rd if anyone of the AZ crew is close enough to hook up for a smoke ot two.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gentleman... in light of the small attendance of this month's HERF I was wondering if we could reschedule the HERF to the following weekend so that NAVYDOC could join us while he's in town. What do you guys think???? April 30th?

If we change the date maybe DsrtDog and KScotty would be able to make it..... what do you think guys.... is it do-able????

Let me know what you think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
LasciviousXXX said:
Gentleman... in light of the small attendance of this month's HERF I was wondering if we could reschedule the HERF to the following weekend so that NAVYDOC could join us while he's in town. What do you guys think???? April 30th?

If we change the date maybe DsrtDog and KScotty would be able to make it..... what do you think guys.... is it do-able????

Let me know what you think.
Sounds good to me...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
K'mon guys let me know as the time is drawing nigh..... DsrtDog it'll be great to meet ya bro!

Still waitin' to hear from Linus, KScotty, & BigPhil...... let me know guys..... I promise I'll bring surprises for all :D

And we'll all show NavyDoc what the AZ Crew is all about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,469 Posts
LasciviousXXX said:
K'mon guys let me know as the time is drawing nigh..... DsrtDog it'll be great to meet ya bro!

Still waitin' to hear from Linus, KScotty, & BigPhil...... let me know guys..... I promise I'll bring surprises for all :D

And we'll all show NavyDoc what the AZ Crew is all about.
Well you know I will be at there if it's on the 30th. I sure appreciate the rescheduling but I hope it doesn't mess others up. I'll monitor the thread to see if it's a go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Well...

technically, either date is okay for me, but I was really looking forward to this weekend, plus the wife will be out of town, so a great chance to get away.

but if its rescheduled, i'll still attend.

let's decide soon, as time is short.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok Guys I think the 30th is probably best that way at least 2-3 more CS members can make it. Sorry if it throws off your groove Linus.... I promise I'll make it up to you..... I'll buy you some really good Rum I swear :D And I'll bring some really good smokes as well..... hehehehe

Alright all you monkeys April 30th @ 1500hrs..... we'll all meet at Lightin' Up Smoke Shop and we'll go from there.

Thanx to all who had to rearrange their schedule to make it. Still waitin' to see if KScotty can make it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Xcellent Linus.... glad it didn't totally throw off your groove. Believe me it'll be worth it :D

So same plans as before Lightin' Up @ 1500. If anybody needs directions just shoot me a PM and I'll give you a call.

XXX - Dustin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Herf on 4/30 will be good for me. I should be able to get off work and I'll head on up. 1500 hours @ Lightin Up Smokes. Congrats on the walk to the firing squad XXX. Hope you brought me some good smokes from the caribbean.
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top