Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my Monday night smoke. It came from the AVO XO Sampler Box. The Avo XO Presto a mild to medium bodied smoke from the Dom. Rep. A 5 x 31, Panatela shaped, Natural USA Conneticut Shade wrapper., with Sominican binder and Filler.

Pre Light: Construction was flawless. There was no blemishes and the seam of the cigar was almost unotticible. The draw was a little tight, but expected from this ring gage.

First Puffs: The fist two puffs the draw was tight, but bareable. Pleaty of smoke with each puff, whitch was a surprise concidering the slighttly tight draw. Burn was even. The creamy taste was prevalent with hints of spice. The Aroma of coffe beans and nuts were present.

The middle of the smoke: The Spice tast had fadded and left behind a mild creamy cigar with no after taste. The ash was about 1-1 1/4" long, a little flaky and dark grey. The burn was even. Aromma of coffe beans and nut still there.

The last third: The mellow cream is still present and hints of nuts. The arroma is still the same. The burn perfect. The draw loosened a bit and the smoke increased slightly as well.

The overview: This was a mild to medium bodied cigar. Creamy taste wit notes of spice on the finish. The arroma was a pleasent mild coffee bean and nutty the complemnted the cigar well. The draw was slightly tight but the smoke was pleanty. The dark grey 1- 1 1/4" ash was a little flaky. The cigar burned a little to fast, never hot but fast. Othere than the last two things this cigar was great. It would go well with a morning coffee. If this cigar had a larger ring gage and smoked a little slower the rating would have been higher. That been said I rate this at low 7. A good cigar to try.

Construction 8.
Draw 6
Taste 8
overall 7.3/10

Well I hope you ejoyed my review and feed back woulkd be much appricieted.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
949 Posts
Re: Avo XO Presto

Nice Review!!!! I enjoy the Avo XO line. Nice cigar. I just don't keep them in my rotation. Not sure why. I am going to give them another shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.