Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sort of a general question. Will the average cigar store in Canada carry cubans? If its a relatively small town far from tourist areas, will they most likely be authentic? I'm going to a small town where my wife grew up (Chatham, Ontario - hence my other post which has gone unresponded to)the weekend after next and I'd like to pick up a cuban or two to smoke while I'm there. Just want to know what the realistic situation will be. I'm sure they'll be expensive.

thanks,

dylan

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
dylan
by small town what do you mean???town i live close to is 7000 people and does not have a smoke shop.cant help you with chatham either (4 provinces and 4000km away).if you pass through windsor stop at the "la casa del habano" they will not be fake.chatham is 50 or 60 thousand so you shouldnt have any problems finding a smoke shop or two.

"Will the average cigar store in Canada carry cubans? " uhh...in the rest of the world there isnt much in the way of non habanos...probably 80% to 90% of the cigars in the average cigar store are cuban.

gas stations and supermarkets have smokes and this is where you are most likely to find fakes.now having said that...i know one person who buys his habanos at loblaws (in quebec)...so if there is a "loblaws"grocery store nearby maybe have a look.

alberta has the lowest cigar tax in canada...here are some prices here(dont think they will be lower anywhere else...ones i have bought singles of in the last year).so bring a fat wallet.

rafael gonzales panetelas extra...6.00$can(these are a great machine made smoke...try one)
ryj coronitas en cedro...9.50$can(another good MM)
bolivar coronas extra...19.00$can(at the cigar store i goto they are from '98 so how can i say no)

hope this helps

derrek :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
To agree with dvick, you can find cigars in a variety of places. For example , in Edmonton you can buy cigars in a magazine store.They have a small humi in the corner and sell a small selection of varied cigars.Then there are the cigar shops where selling cigars and sometimes pipe tobacco is they're only business , less likely to get a fake here.It seems to vary province to province, as was said some place have habanos in grocery stores.Depending where you go shop around ask around and you'll find what you're looking for i'm sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts