Cigar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
F.O.G. with nice smokes
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The story I am about to tell, is true, and I am leaving out the ATF gals name to CMA. The phone call lasted about 20 minutes...only the highlights are repeated. You will get the idea. (keep in mind, I just moved, and my phone was just turned on, I was/am really cranky) ;)

ATF called, no joke. It seems I have a NON-ISOM package coming from another country from a manufacturer. It is a real gift. NO BS, no unbanded ISOM's, just a few cigars to try and review before they are released to the public.

Seems ATF wanted to verify my shipping address and wanted my importers information. :r :r :r As we talk about the situation, I explained to the gal on the other end, "it is a gift of samples........I am not buying anything" She then goes on to tell me ".........well......if it if 50 or less cigars, we can send it to your home address" (that was the address given) :confused: :confused: I am really clawing the top of my head at this point.....

The gal then goes on to tell me she will call the "sender" to ask how many cigars were sent in the package. (the sender did not write down how many) I simply asked her......."why don't you open the package and look.....then send my 4 cigars. :sb :sb :sb THAT comment was not well recieved. :w

OPT

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
The gal then goes on to tell me she will call the "sender" to ask how many cigars were sent in the package. (the sender did not write down how many) I simply asked her......."why don't you open the package and look.....then send my 4 cigars. THAT comment was not well recieved.

Wayne, Wayne, Wayne!

You ought to know better than trying to use logic with the "mentally challenged" employees of our fine government. :w

·
Registered
410 Posts
:rolleyes: <-- Looking over Wayne's house for the black helicopters ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
tbateman said:
:rolleyes: <-- Looking over Wayne's house for the black helicopters ;)
Bam, bam, bam, pop, pop, pop, boom,
boom...cha-*****....:confused: "Uh, freeze....oops":D

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Gosh OPT, Perhaps a drive downtown will refresh your memory. In all the excitement, I can't remember if it was 3 or 4 cigars, but seeing how this is a Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapped, Ligero-Honduran Blended Fuerte, the most powerful Vitola in the free world, your going to ask yourself one question, Do you feel lucky, will, do ya punk! :r :w

Attachments

·
F.O.G. with nice smokes
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:sb :sb :sb :sb :sb

Jun 10, 2003 5:01 am

Package status

MEMPHIS TN

Regulatory Agency Clearance Delay

1:40 am

Package status

MEMPHIS TN

Jun 9, 2003 2:38 am

Package status

MEMPHIS TN

Jun 8, 2003 1:04 pm

Package status

MEMPHIS TN

Jun 7, 2003 5:08 am

Package status

MEMPHIS TN

Jun 6, 2003 6:42 pm

Left FedEx Ramp

PANAMA CITY PA

5:14 pm

Left FedEx Origin Location

PANAMA CITY PA

4:29 pm

Pickup status

PANAMA CITY PA

Payment Received

All this trouble for a handful of cigars!

At least they are too busy with MY package of NON contraband stuff, so the stuff they SHOULD be looking for will get through. :al

OPT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts