Cigar Forums banner

Ashton ESG 21 Year Salute Review

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  My371 
#1 ·
Since I took the slide, I have really had a change in my tastes. SO, I thought I would review one of my favorite cigars pre-slide to see where I think it stand now.

I really use to love this cigar.

It really has a nice band. It is very ornate.

The foot is nicely constructed still.

The pre-light draw gave a very different taste, a spicy cinnamon and grass mixture. Kind of nice.

The first third of the cigar was just how I remembered it. It had a Bermuda grass mixture with cinnamon spice. I was still impressed with the taste.

The second third continued like the first third. The taste di dno tchange much at all. That is not bad because the taste was so nice. It was like going home after going off too college, I know where everything is, but It just doesn't feel as good as it use to.
This is a great cigar, bu tit lost its luster a little.

The final third of the cigar lost the grassy taste and finished with a strong spice. The tingle on my lips and tongue was nice.

The nub continued with the same taste as the last third.

The construction on this cigar was really solid, pretty white ashes that held great. Really nice draw.

This cigar is a really nice cigar, but I changed. This cigar is alike a book or a movie you liked as a kid. When you watch it now you realize the movie are book just wasn't as good ads you thought it was and some of the nostalgia was lost---THis is by the way why you do not watch the crazy movies you loved as a teen again.

Overall, I would rate this cigar an 8.8. But, I use to rate it a 9 out of q0. I just have lost some of my innocence since the slide...You can never go home again.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.