Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this came from my NST with daddyo. If not mistaken, I think is was an ISOM.

This cigar was very long with a small ring guage. As a newbie to cigars I haven't tried this size.
The cigar lit fast, especially with my new lighter from Nevik. I likes the wrapper, to me a dark looking somewhat "raw" leaf is what I associate with a cigar. To me it looks and feels more handmade. The flavor was quick and strong. It was one of those cigars you feel a slight brun/tingle on your lips and tongue as you smoke; I am assuming it has a lot of nicotine.

It burned slow and easy, giving me a long pleasurable smoke. The ash was snow white, which I assume means I was getting every bit out of the leaves. One a cigar ring smoke, I give it an A+. Once of these days I'll be coordinated enough to hold my 6lb camera, blow rings and get a shot, but not now. The flavor was strong and spicy.

It was a great smoke! I tried to google it but didnt find it. So I don't know the price or where it came from.

Cheers!
George

·
-
11,412 Posts
Re: Arturo Fuente Special Selection

sure it is, but i said "cuban cigar" (I never say "ISOM"). habanos are from cuba... :D

i'm not trying to be snobbish when i say this, but the term ISOM is useless. everyone knows we're talking about cuban cigars when people use that term. you can't get in trouble for using the word "cuba" or "cuban cigar".

and if customs was watching these forums, it would probably take them about 15 mintues for a newbie customs agent assigned to CS to figure out what the term "ISOM" stood for. nobody's being fooled, so what's the point?

again, not a "snobbish/elitist" comment, just call the cigar what it is.
-----------

sorry, forgot to say that those are some good photos and nice review.
well manicured fingernails, too. :D

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts

IHT said:
sure it is, but i said "cuban cigar" (I never say "ISOM"). habanos are from cuba... :D

i'm not trying to be snobbish when i say this, but the term ISOM is useless. everyone knows we're talking about cuban cigars when people use that term. you can't get in trouble for using the word "cuba" or "cuban cigar".

and if customs was watching these forums, it would probably take them about 15 mintues for a newbie customs agent assigned to CS to figure out what the term "ISOM" stood for. nobody's being fooled, so what's the point?

-----------

Excellent point Greg, Who is your manicurist George? BTW excellent review..

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

IHT said:

-----------

Well said IHT! Enough with the BS!You are a down to earth gorilla!

·
Registered
234 Posts

IHT said:
sure it is, but i said "cuban cigar" (I never say "ISOM"). habanos are from cuba...
Aha, so that's what ISOM means.... not I Smoke Only Maduros. That explains a lot of confusing posts. I'll bet Customs hasn't figured it out.

It seems BOTLs use "ISOM" as an acronym for a cigar type, instead of CC for Cuban Cigar. Why some use "domestic" to denote everything other than Cubans, well........

·
-
11,412 Posts

well, there's some people who think that using the term "non-cuban" is derogatory to the "non cuban cigars" out there?? :rolleyes:
y'know, i'm some type of "cuban cigar" elitist, or so i've been called by people who don't know me on here. yep, that CUBAN PAN i just had... i'm an elitist alright. or the bundle of FDO maduros...

domestics, to me, are ones that can be purchased legally in the US. or, i could just say non-cuban. doesn't matter to me.

but island south of miami? you're really going to smoke an entire ISLAND?

it's just a cigar, not an island.

now, if the term is used in a sentence to refer to cuba and not the cigars, like, "i'm going to buy some cigars from the ISOM." that makes sense to me.

bah. doesn't matter, i just don't see why people can't call it what it is, a cuban cigar. ;)

did you get my PM about a trade?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

altbier said:
It is a Fuente Curly head, I stand corrected. I am a newbie. Beat me with your used banana peals and dangle me upside down from a tree.

As for using ISOM, if I ever smoke a Habana, I shall call it that, good point.
The good thing here is that you enjoyed the cigar and a box of 25 cigars only costs about $40-$45, whereas a CUBAN CIGAR may cost you $8-$80 or more for a single. Sometimes it's smart to have a few "value" smokes around.

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts

Navydoc said:
The good thing here is that you enjoyed the cigar and a box of 25 cigars only costs about $40-$45, whereas a CUBAN CIGAR may cost you $8-$80 or more for a single. Sometimes it's smart to have a few "value" smokes around.
Don't forget the aged Davidhoffs or Dunhills that cost $200 and upwards per cigar. If you thought a crack habit would be expensive, imagine the poor bastards that are "hooked" on those cigars.....

·
Registered
668 Posts

altbier said:
It is a Fuente Curly head, I stand corrected. I am a newbie. Beat me with your used banana peals and dangle me upside down from a tree.

As for using ISOM, if I ever smoke a Habana, I shall call it that, good point.
go try an Arturo Fuente Hemingway.........if you like the Curly head, you'll LOVE the Hemingway.........a lot more $$$$$ though

:D

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

SeanGAR said:
Don't forget the aged Davidhoffs or Dunhills that cost $200 and upwards per cigar. If you thought a crack habit would be expensive, imagine the poor bastards that are "hooked" on those cigars.....
Indeed. I had those in mind when thinking about the price range but thought I would scare the bananna skins off the newbies if I put $8-$300 each....man if I ever get one of those.....nirvana baby!

·
Registered
668 Posts

Navydoc said:
Indeed. I had those in mind when thinking about the price range but thought I would scare the bananna skins off the newbies if I put $8-$300 each....man if I ever get one of those.....nirvana baby!
$300 per............ouch!!

I think $20 is my high water mark for special occasion cigars...............$300 would be out of the question.........those curly heads are lookin' better and better!!! :D

·
Registered
921 Posts

Altbier -
No worries, we were all new once.
This is where a lot of us learn.
Welcome and enjoy the process.
As far as acronyms....
"THEY ARE WATCHING"
"THEY KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON"
Besides a letter, some green tape, taking or slashing cigars,
I am not aware of anthing else "THEY" have done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.