Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favorite non-ISOMs....... :p

Keep in mind this review is for a AF Double Chateau SG that's spent about 1.5 years in the Humi........I think all of these need nap time to get through the "wet" period from the factory and set up at about 65% in my humi. Off the truck these cigars are a little harsh IMHO.

Construction and appearance..........perfect, no flaws.....dark oily wrapper

prelight aroma and draw.........aroma pleasing (I think most Fuentes are), pre-light draw was perfect (a little firm but more than adequate)

smoking this big mama :z ...........this cigar generates a lot of smoke.......initial flavor is mild................hints of nuts and leather/earth..........it quickly builds to full-bodied, stong tobacco flavor with undertones that resemble an Anejo (sweetness/raisony/chocolatey) but not as pronounced. It needed no correction and burned well (a little uneven, but it corrected itself)............the stong flavor was consistent throughout and it burned cool and did not get "nasty" as I proceeded to "nub it".

Overall, I would give this cigar a 9 out of 10, considering the price............as an everyday cigar, if you like the sungrown/stronger profile, THIS CIGAR ROCKS IMHO Some folks will throw rocks at me for saying, but I think it's every bit as good as the 858 SG (I think people get carried away with the hype because of its limited production). You can find the Double Chateau anywhere for a lot less $$$$$$.

:cool:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Re: Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Sun Grown

Nice review. I too think they need to rest some time befor smioking, the harshness when they are young fades and reveals a solid smoke. Nice review again, I think I will smoke one tonight.

·
Registered
904 Posts

nice review singleguy.

the AF double chateua is one of my favorite mild cigars. I have not tried the Sun Grown, but you make it sound inviting.

·
Registered
76 Posts

txmatt said:
In the Fuente Chateau Sun Grown line my favorite is the Cuban Belicoso; give it a try if you haven't already. Best priced around $114/24.

-Matt-
I'm with Matt on this one. Cuban Beli's are good.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts

Nice review! I wish these were easier to find(any AF sungrown)in this area.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

DonJefe said:
Nice review! I wish these were easier to find(any AF sungrown)in this area.
on-line is the way to go on these.......smokeall, holts, etc. etc. etc........most usually have them in stock at a reasonable price.

.........I agree with the above posts........I like all of AF SG line, the cuban beli's, chateaus and double chateaus...............but let em' sit for a while and you won't be disappointed. :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

Nice review Singleguy. If I'm out with no smokes I'll grab one of the AF lines in a shop just because you always know what you're going to get.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts

If someone makes a better Sungrown than the Fuentes, I haven't found it yet. Have you tried the Cuesta Rey Sungrowns? Fabulous smokes at a great price.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

DonJefe said:
If someone makes a better Sungrown than the Fuentes, I haven't found it yet. Have you tried the Cuesta Rey Sungrowns? Fabulous smokes at a great price.
I like most of the "Fuente/Neuman" SG Cigars.......Fuente, Cuesta Rey, Montesino, etc..............they're all pretty darn good.

:z

·
Registered
234 Posts

Magnificent smoke. A nice break from a Cuban diet- very smooth, mild-medium. Haven't tried natural or maduro, only sun grown.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

Heartpumper said:
Magnificent smoke. A nice break from a Cuban diet- very smooth, mild-medium. Haven't tried natural or maduro, only sun grown.
I'm going to hook you up then at the Florida herf

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.