Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked some of these up at the local tobacconist in hopes of finding a good cheap smoke. I think I have found it in this nice robusto. Not real complex, but a nice mild to medium flavor with excellent construction. Great burn and easy draw.

I bought these for $2.25 at the shop, but ordered 50 from JR Cigars for $70.00. In looking for an everyday smoke that won't break the bank, I think I may have found one!

:)

·
formerly Jokieman
987 Posts
Re: Arturo Fuente Breva Royale

Wetterhorn said:
I picked some of these up at the local tobacconist in hopes of finding a good cheap smoke. I think I have found it in this nice robusto. Not real complex, but a nice mild to medium flavor with excellent construction. Great burn and easy draw.

I bought these for $2.25 at the shop, but ordered 50 from JR Cigars for $70.00. In looking for an everyday smoke that won't break the bank, I think I may have found one!

Can you Elaborate? I also found these at Cheapercigars.com for around 55.00 or so.

·
Registered
978 Posts

I bought a box of these a while back. But, i really don't go to them often. I find them to be a bit thin and single dimensional. To me they have a grassy flavor profile that borders on bitter.

They are well constructed for a short filler, and the skinny 42 ring gauge, makes them a quick smoke. But, i guess i find them a bit characterless.

Just my 2 cents, and i expect change.

_____
rm

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Jokieman said:
Can you Elaborate? I also found these at Cheapercigars.com for around 55.00 or so.
Sure! These cigars are by no means a premium smoke, but I find them to be consistent, quick and quite relaxing. $55.00 for 50 cigars is a very good deal, especially for a cigar that is made in a high quality fashion that is charachteristic of all Arturo Fuente cigars.

They are short filler - but what that means is that Fuente is using the scraps left over from the premium cigars they make and as a result the same great tobacco is used to make these little beautys. Like I previously wrote, they are not real complex, but I find them quite satisfying.

:w

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts

Wetterhorn said:

I always found the Brevas Royale to be a good, consistent, quality smoke; although sometims a little low on the flavor & oomph, still quite enjoyable.
A similar cigar, that IMHO has more flavor is the Montesino Napolean Grande which is also made by Fuente and also a mixed/short filler, and a good value for the money. :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Jokieman said:
Thanks, that was EXACTLY what I was looking for.. I appreciate it. :)
You are welcome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.