Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva #77 (The Shark)

Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican
Size: Robusto 5.625x54
Strength: Medium-Full
Paired with Sweet Tea

"The Shark" is arguably one of the most well known non Cuban cigars on the market that is put out once a year. I am usually lucky to always get a hold of one. Instead of rehashing what a lot of people say in their reviews, for my review I would like to start out with the things that "I" enjoy about this cigar:
· The shape-box pressed AND torpedoed; great combination feels good in my hands
· The name-Anejo; for some reason I just love saying this, especially when I knew how to say it correctly
· The feeling-Each one I have smoked has been a great pleasure, surrounded by great times with family and friends
· The price-MSRP $10.95; I have always been able to get this from my retailer for this price! Worth every penny!

Pre-light aroma gives off a cognac, cinnamon sweet leathery smell. Smells so good I am tempted to chew it at first. Beautiful Connecticut maduro wrapper that has dark oily sheen that has a few thin veins but is constructed well. After a friend's suggestion, I lit this one up with a cedar stick rather than my torch lighter. Takes a little longer to light but for some reason, it seems to enhance the start of the cigar versus burning the foot too much and getting the strong woodsy taste in the beginning. I seem to do this on all the Anejos since they are all wrapped in cedar, except the Shark size.

First third I am greeted with that cognac, cedar and pepper spice flavor mostly through the nose with raisin sweetness on the tongue. The smoke has a very creamy texture with just a very slight amount of harshness at the very beginning. The pepper spice calms down and is replaced with a hint of cinnamon to begin the second third.

The second third is where the cigar picks up in body but not really much in strength for me. I think this is a good balance between the two. The cognac/raisin flavor is still present and the Shark becomes sweeter with hits of cocoa and cinnamon.

The finish ends with a slight pick up in the pepper that I experienced in the first third, it is not enough to overpower, but yet, to enhance the present flavors. The burn throughout got wavy, but not enough to tend to. Smoke time is around an hour and fifty minutes for me. Don't rush this cigar and you will be rewarded with the complexity this cigar has to offer. I sometimes have to force myself to slow down on this stick since it taste so good.

Out of the box, off the truck, these smoke really, really good. Give them some time to rest, and these smoke fantastic! This particular stick had a year of rest on it, which is sometimes kind of hard for me to do. I enjoy these on special occasions and many times, as a personal pick me up to myself. I have few that I am determined to age 2, 3 and maybe 4 years…yeah right, who am I trying to kid.

· ENIGMA
5,867 Posts
I loved the review! Very nicely done. They sure are a treat.

I wish you guys would stop reviewing Anejos, I have ONE #49 that I'm trying to age and you're not helping! Great review!
Hmmm......come to think of it, I've reviewed the 77 and 55, gotta post the review of #48 and have to smoke the 49 and 46. I'll send you a pm to keep you up to date!!! :argue: If i were you, I'd just smoke it and enjoy it! :biggrin:

· The Mad Roofer
5,183 Posts

Hmmm......come to think of it, I've reviewed the 77 and 55, gotta post the review of #48 and have to smoke the 49 and 46. I'll send you a pm to keep you up to date!!! :argue: If i were you, I'd just smoke it and enjoy it! :biggrin:
What a punk!!:boink: :caked:

· some say I'm a dreamer...
3,335 Posts

:faint:

:smash:

· THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
34,863 Posts
Nice review great pics i am actually going to smoke one of these today gifted to me by a great BOTL!:dude:

· THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
34,863 Posts
Tony,

You are actually smoking a NC?

WOW!!
:peace::peace::peace:
Yes Gentleman i do on occasion smoke them.
Nothing tastes as good as a gifted cigar! This cigar was fantastic from beginning to end. Imagine how much better it would have been if it was Cuban.:laugh::poke::peace:
Sorry i couldn't resist Happy New Year!:dude::peace:

· Not so young Puffer
656 Posts
I'm going to smoke my first one (gifted by Smelvis) next week while I am on vacation fishing. Can't Wait!!

· Consigliere ***********
1,166 Posts
Out of the box, off the truck, these smoke really, really good. Give them some time to rest, and these smoke fantastic! This particular stick had a year of rest on it, which is sometimes kind of hard for me to do. I enjoy these on special occasions and many times, as a personal pick me up to myself. I have few that I am determined to age 2, 3 and maybe 4 years…yeah right, who am I trying to kid.
Im the same way with mine, but every now and then Im like ok I just want one reguardless of the occasion. Problem is after I smoke one I want the rest I have lol. I gotta go pick up some more when I get a little extra cash.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.