Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sacred cows taste best
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if this is how Addiction started?

After smoking a Graycliff Red offered to me I decide to buy a humidor and enter into the joy of cigar smoking. Surely a 75-100 sized humidor will be more than sufficent for years to come. I've got it all planned out!:tu

Next I visit a local B&M and pick up a small handful. I'm smoking one every few days, everything is fine. Then I go on a Carribean cruse and come back with two handfuls of duty free or locally purchased cigars. Hey, the humidor is starting to look nice. I have a fair selection!:ss

Then my son, who has smoked cigars for a year, comes to town and we sweep into two different B&M's. Now the humidor is getting pretty full and I'm smoking at least one cigar a day.

I was purposely shoved, with malice, by several BOTL's, and fell into the "devil place". (Thats my story if the wife asks anyhow. :)) I just figure I'll bid on a few items and don't care if I win or lose. Heck, I know how to under bid as I've worked ebay for a decade. I've entered the zone, the twilight zone!

And wouldn't you know, I won them all. The first 25 cigars have arrived and I have another 30 on the way. :tpd:

Honestly, how did I ever get in so deep so quick? I must have been sleep bidding err, walking.:sleep:

I guess I'll go with a tupperdor with beads for a while.... In the meantime, I've banned myself from cigarbid!

·
has moved on
894 Posts
I'm not sure how to break this to you, but you're wasting your time with tupperware!

Just get an extra large cooler and accept your lot in life.

Acceptance brings peace. And more cigars.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Now, repeat after me:

"WHEEEEEEEEE!!! What a Ride!! Do it again! Do it AGAIN!!!"

(Welcome to the extreme downhill run.....) :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey, I loved the twilight zone.

·
Registered
63 Posts

After smoking a Graycliff Red offered to me I decide to buy a humidor and enter into the joy of cigar smoking. Surely a 75-100 sized humidor will be more than sufficent for years to come. I've got it all planned out!:tu

Next I visit a local B&M and pick up a small handful. I'm smoking one every few days, everything is fine. Then I go on a Carribean cruse and come back with two handfuls of duty free or locally purchased cigars. Hey, the humidor is starting to look nice. I have a fair selection!:ss

Then my son, who has smoked cigars for a year, comes to town and we sweep into two different B&M's. Now the humidor is getting pretty full and I'm smoking at least one cigar a day.

I was purposely shoved, with malice, by several BOTL's, and fell into the "devil place". (Thats my story if the wife asks anyhow. :)) I just figure I'll bid on a few items and don't care if I win or lose. Heck, I know how to under bid as I've worked ebay for a decade. I've entered the zone, the twilight zone!

And wouldn't you know, I won them all. The first 25 cigars have arrived and I have another 30 on the way. :tpd:

Honestly, how did I ever get in so deep so quick? I must have been sleep bidding err, walking.:sleep:

I guess I'll go with a tupperdor with beads for a while.... In the meantime, I've banned myself from cigarbid!
LOL i remember thinking that "ill Never smoke more than once a week" i smoke like 2 or 3 a day now, and i have 3 humidors ( and thinking of a fourth!) I don't remember the beginning much, its all covered in a smoky haze... but i definitely enjoyed every second of it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
You should know that cigars are never happy in tupperware. They like to hang in larger spaces with lots of company. And there is nothing more depressing to be around than a few lonely, unhappy cigars.:ss

·
Gentleman Jim Stogie
3,299 Posts

Surely a 75-100 sized humidor will be more than sufficent for years to come. I've got it all planned out!:tu.......

Now the humidor is getting pretty full and I'm smoking at least one cigar a day........

I was purposely shoved, with malice, by several BOTL's, and fell into the "devil place".......

Honestly, how did I ever get in so deep so quick? I must have been sleep bidding err, walking.:sleep:......
Firstly I resemble that remark!!!!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
You sir have found the patented Bryan Winston Roadmap! I remember posting just over 30 days ago that I'd never need a humi bigger than 50 and I'd smoke one a month tops. I remember asking about the devil site and saying I could control it. I remember bidding up $600 worth of stuff and saying "I can't possibly win it ALL."

·
Registered
448 Posts
Acceptance brings peace. And more cigars.
That's, like, all profound and stuff. :r

I nominate Ashcan Bill as Official Club Stogie Sage!!!

(Bad news is, to do it right, you probably should go live in a cave at the top of a mountain. Good news is, your wife will probably let you smoke in it... because it's a cave.)

Syekick... welcome to the slope. Save your self some angst and go buy the cooler. :ss

·
Sacred cows taste best
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Submitted for your approval: the case of the bulging humidor.

a man enters the jungle with good intentions and strong will....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

good luck!
----------------------

A great story line for The Twilight Zone!:ss

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.