Cigar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This probably isn't gonna go anywhere but I figured I'd ask. The title pretty much is the question. But who are the "trustworthy" cigar people out there? Are there any that you feel usually gives good and fair reviews. Obviously everyone likes there own stuff so no one can say what is a good cigar or not. But I've seen a bunch of YouTubers that do reviews or give tips or all that kinda stuff.
I was just wondering if you guys watch any?

I like a guy named LeeMack912. His videos are pretty cool and I feel he's honest and doesn't have any bias. Unlike a channel like cigars daily who I feel is yelling and to me always seems like he's being backed by the cigars he sells. But there are a lot of these channels and it's hard to decide where to start if at all.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Richy’s Out of Order Cigars.

Not only honest, but in my mind can really pick out a good cigar. I think taste is subject in terms of what one is looking for but I believe an artistic/culinary product can be reviewed in terms of its quality regardless of preference. To me I wouldn’t truly trust a reviewer who can’t separate their preference.

So to me, critically, he and Cigar Aficionado are the best and most correct sources. I think all this is fighting words in the online cigar community, I mean only to supply my opinion.

I also think EKB of Vintage Cigar is honest and I like him, but he’s newer and I don’t think he’s as skilled yet as ROoO or CA.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I acknowledge that youre more senior to me in knowledge on the topic so I may be wrong, but in my experience their rating system for every cigar I’ve tried has been surprisingly consistent. I guess some emphasis on ”every cigar I’ve tried“ since I won’t smoke rocky and largely avoid Oliva — the two brands I think which seem most over represented on their lists.

edit: +1 for blind man’s puff btw

·
Super Moderator
17,841 Posts
Trust these jaggoffs here. If it sucks they'll tell ya. If you see something that keeps popping up on what did you smoke and no one's griping about it. It's a solid smoke..

@Rondo .. that's two mentions of that moron. So if your cousin shows up here you're gonna deal with him.. lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,820 Posts
If their ratings work for you, then by all means, follow them, but it is misleading to recommend them to newer smokers.
They aren’t even shy about correlating advertising income with ratings.
E.P. Carrillo is one of their largest advertisers and won “number one cigar” three separate years on three separate blends.
They are literally purchasing ratings.
How many seasoned smokers on here do you see smoking those cigars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,820 Posts
Trust these jaggoffs here. If it sucks they'll tell ya. If you see something that keeps popping up on what did you smoke and no one's griping about it. It's a solid smoke..

@Rondo .. that's two mentions of that moron. So if your cousin shows up here you're gonna deal with him.. lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I am personally in favor of un-banning him
I kind of miss the guy

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am personally in favor of un-banning him
I kind of miss the guy

Rumor has it if his name is mentioned one more time, he shows up to tell you about how he’s getting the flavor of sea water and three day old pizza crust in his cigar lol :LOL:

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
I think this is the best way. That is how I learned about the best smokes. You lads never led me astray. (y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.