Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been smoking a lot of those JDN Antanos recently and I swear every time I smoke a different brand (even the next day) it either tastes like a bad version of a JDN or just plain bad?!.....
Anyone else ever have a similar experience with these or any other brand?.... :confused:

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Wow! So that is what happens when somebody smokes the powerhouses' all day. Those JdN's have warped your perspective! A 3-4 day withdrawl period may be needed. Perhaps some counseling. Whatever you do, NO isoms! It's like trading crack for smack. It's like trading seats on the Titanic! One day at a time "Smokem" Sounds like your in a real pickle. :confused:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I really like the JdNA Consuls, but I've found they really get better if they sit a couple of months. I've noticed stronger aftertaste issues with fresh ones. I had one from an 8 month stash the other night and it was really as smooth as can be with very little aftertaste. Although, I guess at $3.50 a stick you can't expect perfection either.

But, to answer your question, if you've been smoking those things every day, your buds are toast. Try brushing your tongue with one of the metal BBQ brushes and rinse with mineral spirits to cut the tar. :al

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Do you remember when you 1st started smoking cigars & you could taste the darn thing for close to two days no matter how many times you brushed your teeth?
Well, I smoke about 3 a day now & I don't even get that aftertaste any more. IMHO cigars actually desensitize our palate & our nose. I think that is one of the reasons why veteran smokers go for the more full bodied smokes. I smoked a very well aged Camacho Corojo last night that just kicked butt. Tonite I smoked a Puros Indios Presidente & it tasted mild & bland. The PI even had some plume on it.
I think I'll try an IT Cammie next & see what happens........ :pu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.