Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this point, I can only bring myself to stare at my specimen through the glass top Humi. Anyone here fired up one of these beauties?

·
Registered
949 Posts
The 40th Aniversary is a 1964 that was aged a little after it was rolled i think.

I age all of my 1964's anyway. So i don't see the point except for humidor candy.

I am a Padron Freak so I will probably try to find some here locally though. :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it's badged "1926 Serie"....

And it's the only 1926 torpedo available from what I can tell.

I probably won't smoke it for another 6 months...too purdy and too expensive.and supposedly there are only 4000 of em in the world.

kamikaiguy said:
The 40th Aniversary is a 1964 that was aged a little after it was rolled i think.

I age all of my 1964's anyway. So i don't see the point except for humidor candy.

I am a Padron Freak so I will probably try to find some here locally though. :D

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
magno said:
At this point, I can only bring myself to stare at my specimen through the glass top Humi. Anyone here fired up one of these beauties?
They come in glass top boxes! :D If you are speaking of the Aniversarios, they are one of the few cigars that I will spend the extra cash to smoke.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Local shop had a box, but sold them out at $45/stick !

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
These guys seem to have some relationship with the Padrons.

Always have box quantity of Anniv sticks if you are nice and say one of their good customers referred you. They ship the next day and the sticks come fresh. Their pricing aint bad either.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
$34.99 here, they sure are pretty to look at though.

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Re: Anyone smoked a Padrón 40th Aniversary?

The Padrón 40th Anniversary is a 1926 series blend cigar. What differentiates it from the other 1926 series is only its size and packaging. It comes in a beautiful humidor in a quantity of 40 cigars. MSRP is $25 and is a 6.0" x 54 Maduro Torpedo. At the 2004 RTDA it was rumored that it would run $65 a stick, but when it was actually released it was significantly less, $25. Rumor is that it will eventually become part of the Padrón 1926 Anniversary line but as far as I am aware that is not yet confirmed.

A very similar vitola, also a torpedo is the Padrón 1926 Anniversary No.2; which is a 5.5 x 52 Torpedo with a MSRP of $16. Besides being at least $9 less, you can also get the No. 2 in a Natural wrapper.

You may want to check out my post Information for Padrón whores I also posted an image of the humidor box in the photo gallery

Be sure to let us know how it is when you smoke it!

-Matt-

·
Mr. 305
2,124 Posts

GREAT thread matt, and CONGRATS on that box if it is yours. i would do anything for one. i saw them in person this week at the Padron factory

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts

MiamiE said:
GREAT thread matt, and CONGRATS on that box if it is yours. i would do anything for one. i saw them in person this week at the Padron factory
No, I wish it were my box! I am an El Cheapo smoker, remember? :) A bud on another cigar board owns that one, but I posted the picture here to add some content to the legal cigars gallery. :D

-Matt-

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have smoke the maduro and it is basically the same blend as the 1926's, imagine a 1964 with some more umph. It is very full-bodied and great flavor but it packs a punch especially this size because it is by far the largest vitola in the line. Most places sell it now for $25 a stick, the $40 prices from the initial release was to cover the cost of the humidor for the retailers I guess. Good cigar but bit pricey. Personally I like the millenium blend better but that might be because it has some time to mellow out a bit. I am not as big into the super octane cigars now I like a little more finese in my stogies.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.