Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this question in the Tillman thread but thought it deserved its own title.

Who has a friend or family serving in the armed forces for the USA?

My nephew, 19 yrs old, Army Combat Engineer, Alpha Company 1140th. He is about 1.5 hours south of Bahgdad.

Kamikaiguy has a relative who is a Navy Seal.

Who else?

Or have you served? Tell your fellow LLG's!!!

God Bless America!!!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I have many friends in the Wyoming National Guard Unit, part of the 1022nd Medical who were called up and are now in Kuwait, flying missions into southern Iraq.

One guy in the unit is a very good friend, and my office is getting together a care package for him and his buddies. We are sending them cigars and all the fixin's for a poker game! Knowing those guys, it will be a wild night in Kuwait and give them something to take their minds off the situation.

:u

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm going to school on the Navy's dime, so they will own me for awhile after I grad. I have many buddies who are in the Corps. Quite a few of them got called to active duty from school. Some are still over in Afghanistan and Iraq, a few have paid the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My best friend is an Army Ranger. I worry about him constantly, but I've never been as proud of anyone in my life. He just got back from A-stan, so hopefully he'll be around and we can take the time to light up a smoke in honor of all those who have made the ulitmate sacrifice for their country. Thank you to everyone who serves. :u

·
-
11,412 Posts
typing this from a hotel just off of Ft. Bragg, NC. i got out and work for a Defense Contractor. i have met the majority of the guys you all watch on TV now with a lot of stars on their collars.
there was rumor that we'd (coppertop and I) have to go over to Afgahnistan this summer, but that won't happen. we have a buddy who was in Kuwait a week prior to when the contractors were gunned down at the stop-light. he wsa right there the week before, the very intersection. the guys killed do the same thing we do, just a different company and from Cali (not KS).

my older brother is currently over there kuwait/iraq, in a helicopter unit (national guard from springfield, MO). i think it's the 117 AVCRAD or something like that.

my cousin is a combat medic, he's on his 2nd tour there now. i dont' talk much to him, but i know he's over there. he went back sometime in Jan from Europe.

all 3 of my grandpa's were in WWII. the one i look like died a few years after WWII, he was in the army, fighting in africa.
my grandma later remarried a guy who was in the navy in WWII, he went on to be the MO state american legion president.
my grandpa on my dads side (still alive) was in the pacific. tough ass mo'fo'. i remember watching him take a chunk out of his leg with his japanese rifle when it was jammed... he retired from mcdonnel douglas as an engineer. he designed a lot of the nuts/bolts and tools to work on a lot of the combat airplanes in use today.

most of my uncles were in Korea.

my dad was in the Air NG between Korea and Vietnam...

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
too many friends to name that are over there right now...plus 4 more heading over within the next 6 months.

Family-wise, I am the only one of serving age, but I cannot enlist because of back problems (yet I can play college lacrosse just fine). But my grandfather served in WWI and WWII, my father in Korea, and my uncles served in the Navy between Korea and Vietnam.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great LLG's, keep it coming.

Both of my grandfathers were in WWII. One stayed state side and ran a supply warehouse shipping goods overseas. The other in the Navy. He had five confirmed kills on Japanese planes in the Pacific.

I had an uncle who was air bourne.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.