Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked through your thread about "what are you listening to now?" - it seems everyone has broad tastes, from heavy metal to downtempo to country to classic rock.

My tastes are very broad, but far and away I love hip hop. I saw zemekone speak up and mention some recent hip hop, but not many others. Who else keeps up w/ the hip hop game?

One thing that has struck me in my short time here is the generosity of people to "bomb" other people or to provide others w/ useful feedback and opinions.

I would be more than happy to attempt a "hip-hop bomb" if that could be said. I have TONS of stuff at home, but stuff that I have here at work is:

[2005 Begins feat Gravy]
[Bash Brothers presents Blood Brothers - Jim Jones and Game]
[Clinton Sparks & Miri Ben Ari - Pulling Strings (Hosted_By_Dame_Dash) - 2005]
[Club Bangers Collection Vol 6]
[Coach_Carter]
[DJ Rondevu-Godbrothers Pt. 2 (Sacred Book Of Rhymes)]
[DJ Whoo Kid - The Wire]
[DJ_KAY_SLAY-STREETSWEEPERS_PRESENTS_PAPOOSE]
[Dj_radio_point_of_no_return_2k5]
[Dj_Roli_FIngaz_and_Dj_denali-fire_blends_pt.9-2k5]
[DJ+Whoo+Kid+Bach+Logic++Jay+Z-+The+Red+Album+(JPN+Import+2005)]
[Jay-Z - Top of the Game]
[Joey_Fingaz_Presents-Nas_Hood_Prophet_(Remixed_By_The_Chemical_Kick_Drums)-2004-MoB]
[John Legend - Get Lifted]
[Keyz And Usher - Life Of A Star (Collabo Edition Part 3)]
[Nas - The Prophecy]
[Nas Library of a Legend Disc 1]
[Nas Library of a Legend Disc 2]
[Nas Library of a Legend Disc 3]
[Nas Library of a Legend Disc 4]
[Nas Library of a Legend Disc 5]
[Nas Library of a Legend Disc 6]
[renamed_Big+Mike+The+Game++NJ+Devil+Present+-+Game+Recognize+Game]
[S_Carter-Library_Of_A_Legend_(Disc_1)]
[S_Carter-Library_Of_A_Legend_(Disc_10)]
[S_Carter-Library_Of_A_Legend_(Disc_2)-remixes]
[S_Carter-Library_Of_A_Legend_(Disc_3)-old skool]
[S_Carter-Library_Of_A_Legend_(Disc_4)-female collabs]
[S_Carter-Library_Of_A_Legend_(Disc_5)-r&b]
[S_Carter-Library_Of_A_Legend_(Disc_6)-freestyles]
[S_Carter-Library_Of_A_Legend_(Disc_7)-hard collabos]
[S_Carter-Library_Of_A_Legend_(Disc_8)-guest appearances]
[S_Carter-Library_Of_A_Legend_(Disc_9)-soundtracks]
[The Bash Brothers - THe Good The Bad THe Ugly]
[The Gentle Side of Coltrane]
[VA - DJ Green Lantern - Invasion Pt 3]
[VA-Blend_Unit_Presents-The_Best_Of_Bad_Boy_Volume_1-2005]
[VA-Cutmaster_C-Brooklyn_2_Compton_(Gravy_And_Game)-2005-C4]
[VA-DJ_Capone-Warriors_Theme_50_Cent_Vs._Styles-2005]
[VA-DJ_Keyz-Beanie_Sigel_The_Broad_Street_Bully-2005-DRX]
[VA-DJ_L_Presents-Street_Confessions_Part_2-2005-C4]
[VA-DJ_L-Street_Confessions_Part_3-2005-C4]
[VA-DJ_Rectangle-Who_Framed_DJ_Rectangle-2004-DRX]
[VA-DJ_Roz-90s_Hip_Hop_(Nothing_But_The_Classics)-2005]
[VA-DJ_Ty_Boogie_And_DJ_SnS-Bank_Of_New_York_Pt._2_(Cut_The_Check)-2005]
[VA-DJ_Whoo_Kid_Presents_G-Unit_Footwear_by_RBK_Vol._3-2005-41ST]
[VA-Keyz-Lovers_And_Friends-2004-DRX]
[VA-Purple_City_Dipset_and_the_Senate-Triple_Threat_Three-2005]
[VA-Teardropz-Knockout_Blends_2005-2005]
[VA-The_Kid_Odyssey-RnB_Blends_Part_2_(Hosted_By_Erica_Mena)-2005]

As you can see, it's almost entirely mixtapes. That's because that is mainly what I listen to here at work. Everything is new and hot. Anyhow, my work fluctuates, so I cannot promise anything by a certain point in time, but I can get started trying to help some people out.

This thread is an open discussion on hip hop, but if someone wants me to try to get them something off of this list, let me know. If you want me to post a tracklist for any of the albums before you make a request, I'll be more than happy to do that for you. You can check here first to see if they have the mixtape and therefore the tracklist, but feel free to ask for the tracklist.

Let's see how this goes....

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
I gave up on Hip Hop after Public Enemy retired. After that groups stopped talking about empowering blacks and the issues they face and began to stylize money, cash, hoes, pimps, drugs, bling etc. Thats when they lost me.

Just my two cents. Did like Notorious BIG though. :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
Steeltown, what up. Big into DMX, LIL John, and the Snoop, of course. I haven't been in the know in hip-hop for some months, working on my jazz collection, but I recognize a lot of the people on your list. Might hit you up on a mixtape or cd.

Grinch OUT!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to agree w/ the overall sentiments - I was a bigger fan back in my college days, but I still listen to it. W/ the job there is no more time for watching videos or even listening to the radio - the most I get now is listening when possible at work but mainly while I workout at night. College life was hip hop all the time, day and night.

Jeff and morningsmiler - I agree w/ your sentiments on the decline of the culture. My general opinion is that back in the day, to actually make a living rapping you had to be at the top of your game, because it didn't have quite the popularity as it does now. Highlighted around Biggie and Tupac's glory years, tons of younger cats saw the fame and wealth that could come if you make it in the game. And so did the record labels. They started flooding the market w/ average rappers, and the rise of the independent hip hop record label only made things worse.

Now, instead of the only famous rappers being the ones who truely had incredible skill as well as subject matter, you have tons of rappers who saw an excuse to stay involved w/ crime and the typical subject matter (cash, guns, women, cars....) because that became popular to rap about. And because the culture grew and spread, record labels could keep putting that watered down material on the market because it was the "in" thing to listen to.

And so we're left now w/ very few lyrical MCs who even care about showing their talent. Many are just as comfortable w/ not elevating their game and "selling out" to make hit singles and get that paper.

Another result of this whole thing is the decline of the values of the impressionable youngsters who came up during the last 8 years, listening to these unintelligent rappers talking out of their asses. You have these young hoods who think it's cool to try to act like the their favorite rappers.

Anyhow, I share your pain and sentiments. I still have my favorite MCs whose content actually impresses me. I guess if I still loved the music as I once did, I would make a point to listen to it more. But for now, I only put on the headphones sometimes work and in my gym.

If you read all of this, you might wonder why am offering around these cds, but deep down I still like the music and after seeing your generosity w/ cigar bombs, I am going to offer my services where I can. Since I won't be cigar bombing anyone soon, due to the fact that most of my current supply would be in your daily/giveaway humidors, I figure why not share where I can.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I'm not real big into hip hop, but I still have my old Run DMC and Public Enemy albums. I really liked the DJ DangerMouse Grey Album where he mixed Jay Z and the Beatles. I thought that was impressive. I don't know much new stuff at all, and don't even know if what I like is actual hip hop. I do like the Streets, Atmosphere, Sage Francis and Jurassic 5.

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
Jeff said:
I gave up on Hip Hop after Public Enemy retired. After that groups stopped talking about empowering blacks and the issues they face and began to stylize money, cash, hoes, pimps, drugs, bling etc. Thats when they lost me.

Just my two cents. Did like Notorious BIG though. :D
Exactly, I listen to Hip Hop every once in a while and all I hear is violence, "look at what I got", etc, etc. I went to see Public Enemy and U2 and liked Public Enemy and agree with your evaluation. It's like rock artists in the 80's, HipHoppers have sold out.

·
Anhedonic misanthrope
222 Posts
I'll listen to hip-hop when it's time that I decide I need a tad bit of tooth decay.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Used to listen to DMX before games. It was good because it put you in the mood to kill people. Other than that, half of it I cant relate to (drivin in my Impala with 22s picking up whores drinking a 40 shooting the cops...havent done that yet), and the rest I just cant understand the words.

Im going to be a miserable geezer when Im old....dropping my cane like its hot.

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
My step kids listen and I've tried and tried to get it,but I don't IMHO it sux.. but thats what is great about freedom. We can listen to whatever floats our boat. Been rockin for 30 plus years,don't think it will change..

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm a old 70's rock fan, Eagles, BTO, Grank Funk, Steppenwolf, but I do like that white hip hop dude eminem (is that how you spell it) Eagles are much easier to write and listen too) :r

P.S Steeltown, could you slow done that Avatar a little, It really hard to see :confused:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
txmatt said:
Like the Beasties, MC-900 FT Jesus, the Streets, the Gorrilaz, and DJ Danger Mouse's Grey Album; dats about it Yo.

-Matt-
I actually know all of those artists! Gotta give you props. Is that the right way to you it? That's totally def? Fly? Crunk? I know, I'm not hip. :hn

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sage Francis
Dose One
Blackalicious
Brother Ali
El-P
Illogic

These guys have something to say

Rakim - Brilliant

I can't knock Eminem either. I have not been listening to as much hip hop lately but I go through stages. Hit me up if you want to share more.

·
Registered
482 Posts
(909) said:
HipHoppers have sold out.
I would argue that is still one of the only types of music where social issues are very much mixed into their lyrics. What you see and hear in mainstream media will most always be a sell out these days. Keep your ears open.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It doesn't seem like too many people are into this stuff, but I have a different idea - instead of sending some cds out, is uploading them and sending out the link for download fine?

That way more people have access to it, you just need a burner. Well, I'll give it a shot - this morning I uploaded one:

DJ_Capone-Warriors_Theme_50_Cent_Vs._Styles-2005

01-50_cent_f._olivia-candy_shop-drx.mp3
02-styles_p-feels_good_to_be_in_the_hood_(exclusive)-drx.mp3
03-50_cent_f._tony_yayo_and_lloyd_banks-hit_yo_ass_up-drx.mp3
04-styles_p_f._jadakiss-religious_flows-drx.mp3
05-50_cent_f._his_son_and_lloyd_banks-bedtime_story-drx.mp3
06-styles_p_f._sheek_louch_and_jadakiss-dont_give_a_fu*k_(exclusive)-drx.mp3
07-50_cent-disco_inferno-drx.mp3
08-styles_p_f._t-waters-sanford_and_son_theme-drx.mp3
09-50_cent_f._tony_yayo-when_you_hear_that-drx.mp3
10-styles_p-i_told_yall_ni**as-drx.mp3
11-50_cent-pray_for_my_downfall-drx.mp3
12-styles_p-full_freestyle_off_the_tweet_beat_(exclusive)-drx.mp3
13-50_cent_f._game-envy_me-drx.mp3
14-styles_p-this_is_what_they_want_(exclusive)-drx.mp3
15-50_cent_f._game-this_is_how_we_do-drx.mp3
16-styles_p_f._trey_williams-on_the_i-95-drx.mp3
17-50_cent_f._lloyd_banks-power_forwards-drx.mp3
18-styles_p-kill_that_faggot_(exclusive)-drx.mp3
19-boo_blades_f._cion_and_730-gangsta-drx.mp3
20-mono_bagends-jump_off_(monobagendsataol.com)-drx.mp3
21-governor_brown-saddest_word-drx.mp3
22-streets_santano-live_or_die-drx.mp3
23-frankie_krutches-c4_freestyle-drx.mp3

Here is the link:
Code:
http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3C02V9YTIJGIR3SBK7HKT3DJ24
I'm working on uploading something else as we speak. Let me know if you like this and I'll try to keep it up.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, here's another one for you:

DJ_L_Presents-Street_Confessions_Part_2-2005

01-loaded_lux-safe_2_say_freestyle-c4.mp3
02-j_hood-disco_inferno_freestyle-c4.mp3
03-styles_p.-kill_that_fa**ot-c4.mp3
04-styles_p.-1_2_yall_freestyle-c4.mp3
05-sheek_louch-lies_and_rumors_freestyle-c4.mp3
06-sheek_louch-feel_the_beat_freestyle-c4.mp3
07-50_cent_feat._lloyd_banks_tony_yayo-hit_yo_ass_up_freestyle-c4.mp3
08-50_cent_feat._tony_yayo-when_you_hear_the_freestyle-c4.mp3
09-the_lox-back_by_popular_demand-c4.mp3
10-game-church_for_thugs-c4.mp3
11-game-put_you_on_the_game-c4.mp3
12-game_feat._eminem-we_aint-c4.mp3
13-grafh-cant_fu*k_with_gangstas-c4.mp3
14-beanie_sigel_feat._redman-one_shot_deal-c4.mp3
15-remy_martin-so_hot-c4.mp3
16-game_feat._lil_scrappy-south_side-c4.mp3
17-joe_budden-we_hood-c4.mp3
18-joe_budden-im_a_hustler_freestyle-c4.mp3
19-prodigy-tough_luv_(dissin_keith_murray)-c4.mp3
20-prodigy-louder_(dissin_littles_keith_murray)-c4.mp3
21-loaded_lux-down_and_out_freestyle-c4.mp3
22-stack_bundles-down_and_out_freestyle-c4.mp3
23-beanie_sigel-dont_stop-c4.mp3
24-joe_budden-corners-c4.mp3
25-busta_rhymes-rock_cocaine-c4.mp3
26-game-cant_figure_it_out_freestyle-c4.mp3
27-loaded_lux-gwap_freestyle-c4.mp3
28-jermaine_dupr-icy_freestyle-c4.mp3
29-beanie_sigel_feat._rell-change-c4.mp3
30-shells_feat._cashmere-what_would_you_do-c4.mp3
31-cash_feat._loaded_lux-who_am_i_freestyle-c4.mp3
32-game-dreams-c4.mp3
33-wicked-bring_em_out_freestyle-c4.mp3

Code:
http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2SBYZ0QBABGZR2SH9QZ2LTT4Q6

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Has anyone gotten these to work? Want some more?

Anyone here like Nas?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.