Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put up my first post about a week ago asking how to set up my humidor I got for Christmas. Thank you for all your help, it is set up and working great.

I do have a question though about a cigar I received from my girlfriend's parents for Christmas. Neither one of them know ANYTHING about cigars, and I am new to this myself, so I dont know much more than they do. However, they gave me a CAO Moontrance and a Helix (it has a blue band, but other than that I couldnt tell you anything else about it...I know I sound like an idiot, but as I said I know very little about this.) Has anyone had either of these and could let me know what I am looking forward to when I smoke these? Just let me know...Thanks

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
The Moontrance is an excellent flavored cigar. The Helix is much better in the maduro, but the natural isn't bad & would be a good starter cigar. It should be mild to medium bodied while the CAO will be more medium & very aromatic (but in a nice way).

Hope this helps.

·
Yeah, yeah... It's me...
958 Posts
kansashat said:
The Moontrance is an excellent flavored cigar. The Helix is much better in the maduro, but the natural isn't bad & would be a good starter cigar. It should be mild to medium bodied while the CAO will be more medium & very aromatic (but in a nice way).

Hope this helps.
I'd agree with Hat and he is usually right in these things. The Helix I have had are very mild and bland. The maduro is slightly better. A very good starter cigar as he said. I have not tried the Moondance as I'm not particularly fond of flavored cigars... but the CAO Brazilia is one of my all-time favorite cigars but maybe a little too strong for a beginner... another CAO that is good for starts would be the CAO Gold.... nice and mild and more tasty than the Helix

·
Test Subject
2,651 Posts
Smoked a bunch of Helix and was my go to cigar for awhile..As the other posts have said the Maduro is much better..I could barely finish my stash of the regular Helix and frankly will not order any more of either kind.

Jerry in Minnesota

·
Registered
239 Posts
My wife actually smokes the Moontrance occasionally. Even though flavored cigars are not my thing, I've tried them and have to admit they're not terrible. Great aroma if you get any crap about "Stinky cigars" from the g/f.

Helix actually isn't that bad for the price. I'd also go for the maduro over the natural. More of a golfing/fishing/mowing the lawn stick. It's made by US Cigar, who also make Astral and Don Tomas, which are much better smokes.

-Q

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Personally I dont like the flavored stuff, but my ex-girlfriend loved them (maybe thats why she my ex LOL), but I have to agree with the fellow gorillas and say that the moontrance is what I like to smell when she was smoking with me...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.