Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve googled them they seem legit. A “lower” high end humi IMO. Just curious if anyone has seen or know anything about them. Found a small guy I may buy. I’m on the fence. Hoping y’all will twist my arm lol

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one that’s for sale is a type A or model A from the website I think the base model is like 650. It’s like 35 sticks I think. I bought it already. Heck for 100 shipped I’ll take a gamble. Also got a T.Christiano leather topped travel humi for 50 shipped. I’ll revive this when they come in. I’ll get some SS

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I have good news and bad news. First the good. I emailed Michael Dixon and got a very quick response. It seems as though I do have an authentic box. He states that the box is most likely not newer then 2000. So I have a box from his first 5yrs making the products. I also told him that I was concerned the box wouldn’t hold humidity because the lid slams shut pretty hard. He gave me some pointers to try. If that didn’t work he said I can send it back and he will see what he can do. The box itself is amazingly beautiful. I may try and see if I can find another bigger one. Now for the bad news. The T. Christiano travel humidor is junk IMO. It looks nice from the outside until you start to examine it. Now this was used so I didn’t expect it in mint condition. I don’t know if it was dropped but there is a small chip out of one of the corners. Not enough to distract from the overall appearance. From this chip you can tell that the “wooden” exterior is in fact wood. The issue is that the grain that you can see isn’t the wood that was used. It’s a cheap almost plastic type veneer over the wood that the box is constructed from. It also has a very plasticity feel and look to it. The inside is cedar which is a plus. I’m just not one to go for something that looks cheap. Overall I wouldn’t suggest this item from this manufacturer. He may make quality boxes but after this experience I wouldn’t take the gamble again. The few reviews I found on it had good things to say overall, that’s what made me go for it. I’m glad it was only $50 anymore and I might be a lil angry at myself lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts