Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He hasn't been around for quite a while. I wonder if his new job is preventing him from visiting here much. Hopefully he can find some time to return, I for one really enjoyed his great sense of humor.

pjg

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah, I miss him too...Oh wait thats me!

Hey guys, I'm back! I am finally finished with all of my training, I flew in from Charlotte last night.

The simulator training was pretty grueling, they really throw all kinds of crap at you at once. First you have a eletrical problem, then your hydraulics fail, then your engine catches on fire so you have to shut it down, etc. It just keeps going until you are about ready to snap, but I did fine and it wasn't anything I couldn't handle (with the help of a good cigar afterwards!). All in all, I spent over 60 hours in the simulator, and I feel really comfortable flying the airplane now, and the real airplane is supposed to be much easier to fly than the sim (and the fact that the real airplane doesn't have some catestrophic failure every 5 minutes).

I am off for about a week and then I start flying the line, but I just bought a new laptop so I'll be able to post while I'm at the hotel and at the airport.

It's good being back, and it is nice to see you missed me!

Just one question, what has been going on here in the past month? Anything exciting?

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
summerkc said:
It's good being back, and it is nice to see you missed me!

Just one question, what has been going on here in the past month? Anything exciting?
Lessee.......

MogotanewkittyEinsteinkittygotsickvetbillmorethanaboxofhabanoswewroteashortstorykhatlikesbananacreampies.

Nope, nothing exciting......

Glad to see everything went well....

SeanGAR

·
Registered
382 Posts
SeanGAR said:
Lessee.......

MogotanewkittyEinsteinkittygotsickvetbillmorethanaboxofhabanoswewroteashortstorykhatlikesbananacreampies.

Nope, nothing exciting......

Glad to see everything went well....

SeanGAR
hehe, nice to see nothing has changed around here.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Speak of the devil.......

·
Registered
258 Posts
summerkc said:
I thought I smelled something weird around here :D :D
I don't believe we have "written" before. How far are you from Land Between the Lakes. I 4-wheel there a few times a year. Good to know there are cigars smokers everywhere for me to visit.

Matt

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
MattK said:
I don't believe we have "written" before. How far are you from Land Between the Lakes. I 4-wheel there a few times a year. Good to know there are cigars smokers everywhere for me to visit.

Matt
Never been there, but I believe it's about 3.5 to 4 hours from Louisville.

·
Registered
382 Posts
DonJefe said:
Never been there, but I believe it's about 3.5 to 4 hours from Louisville.
Yeah, that sounds about right, Ive never been there before, have been to the lakes though. I was there one week when they had some crazy mayfly infestation. There were so many in the air that the sky actually turned dark. I'm not really scared of bugs but that crap gave me the creeps. I was on a houseboat at the time so there was jack to do, counldn't even fish because the bugs was providing them with quite a feast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.