Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
564 Posts
So far I have two. I have a Rocky Hale (local pipe artisan), and a Bjarne. Love them both. All the other pipes I see never strike me like churchwardens. What about you guys?
I've never smoked one but they look pretty swell.

Is the stem length on a churchwarden a fairly standard thing? Or do they vary?

There is another pipe shape that is like a wannabe churchwarden....I forget the name of it...Prince something?

· Ask me why I dinged Black
10,377 Posts
The fragility and hobbit-factor all scare me off - not to mention another inventory of pipe-specific pipe cleaners. However, I love the way they look.

Nevertheless, a while back I snarfed up an old WDC half-bent billiard with a smallish bowl (group 2, maybe - the smallest I've got, for sure) and a very slender, disproportionately long stem. At about six inches long it isn't hardly a churchwarden but it is... d'uh (gulps - risking a preudo-elitist sounding vocabulary) churchwardenesque. It's my most enjoyed #1 VA flake pipe.

G

·
The fragility and hobbit-factor all scare me off - not to mention another inventory of pipe-specific pipe cleaners. However, I love the way they look.

Nevertheless, a while back I snarfed up an old WDC half-bent billiard with a smallish bowl (group 2, maybe - the smallest I've got, for sure) and a very slender, disproportionately long stem. At about six inches long it isn't hardly a churchwarden but it is... d'uh - churchwarden-like. It's my #1 VA flake pipe.
I have one haven't smoked much i do like them and have NO problem stocking pipe-specific pipe cleaners.:D

· Registered
781 Posts
Had an HCA with the warden stem and a normal stem and rarely smoked it as a churchwarden. They just become too cumbersome when it comes to lighting, and me with my T-Rex arms and all, it got a little ridiculous.

· Registered
4,262 Posts
I have two churchwardenesque semi-churchwardens. One an HCA and the other a Stanwell Rook that I bought and HCA replacement stem for. They are nice when I'm sitting and have no armrests or just when I feel lazy. I think in the right moments they really add to the relaxation factor............... like when me and my hobbit friends are kicking it around a campfire in the Barrow Downs........... or something like that.

· Registered
165 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a churchwarden for a while. I've put it off though because funds are limited and I'd prefer something I could clench instead of having to hold all the time. Actually contrary to Mister Moo the hobbit-esque-ness of a churchwarden appeals to me but I have yet to take the plunge. It would be great for sitting by a river or campfire and contemplating life's problems though. :pp

· Registered
236 Posts
I like churchwarden's myself, but I only like a few bowl shapes. I've been keeping my eye out for one I like for a while now but really haven't found one to my liking, or if it was, it was considerably out of my price range.

~S

· Registered
2,035 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.