Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dudes - i'm not talking about the game itself, i'm talking about the producer who's choosing some bad camera shots... it's almost like the game is being produced by an 8 yr old. it's a little better in 2nd half, but the 1st half was awful... e.g. for the free kick after the safety, the camera used was the one from the top of the stadium and all you could see was white.
:c

·
Test Subject
2,651 Posts
I agree Robmcb at one point I thought that the only Camera that was working was on top of the stadium and because of the snow you could not see what was going on. I am not a Colt fan but it seemed like New England was getting by with a lot of holding on the Colt receivers......

Jerry in Minnesota

·
Registered
589 Posts
I know what you are talking about. One of the announcers said they were having technical difficulties - so maybe that was the only camera they could show - or something.

MANNING SUCKS:c :r :fu

Smoke out!

·
Registered
368 Posts
How 'bout those Michigan boys (Brady & Law) laying it on Manning?!! Once again, Peyton's still getting smoked by a Wolverine d-back (he's still crying about losing the Heisman to Woodson).

Brady's not flashy, but he sure is cool. Looks like he's having a riot.

Oh, and if I hear those idiots on NFL Primetime do their shitty version of the Coors Light Twins song (during highlights) one more time, I'll personally drive to Bristol and kick the crap outta all of 'em.

MotorTown

·
Registered
77 Posts
Geez, David - have you thought about trying decaf once in a while? :r

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CCSmith said:
Geez, David - have you thought about trying decaf once in a while? :r
decaf- what's that? :r
i was getting a headache watching that game because
of the camera work... it reminded me of the commercial
where the ref says he had to leave to check a rule but
there's toilet paper on his shoes. i think the producer
had diarrhea because there were plenty of times it looked
like no one was home.

·
-
11,412 Posts
i missed them cuz i'm in germany, but i read someone stated the announcers said they were having tech. difficulties?

we only use a 3 camera set-up where i work, and there have been many a time when i've had to "fall back" on a camera that gives me the "overall" picture until the 2 roving cameras can find who's talking at the time (we do large conferences).

too bad the weather was bad, or else you probably woudln't have minded...

but, as a fellow director/cameraman, sometimes s#it just happens, especially in conditions like that. you gotta do what you gotta do.

hell, i remember the KC/Colts game, when it was fargin 4th down inside the 10 for KC, the game goes blank, but we can barely hear it!! oh, i was highly pissed at that time, but nothing you can do, except...
:c

you should see how much equipment those guys use for just 1 game. there's times when i have a hard time directing/mixing 3 cameras, 1 VTC, 3 computers and a VCR playback... imagine if you had uncontrolled action like a FB game, around 20-30 cameras and all kinds of effects to worry about??!! those guys get PAID some serious buckage...

a buddy of mine that i was stationed with did "in-car" camera stuff for a company, or blimpcams, etc. he traveled about 50 weekends out of the year... got sick of it after a few years and now does tower to tower commo down where the launch the shuttles in florida...

i'm rambling, i'll shut up. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.