Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
i use it and have been for a while. i have many friends that have been members for a long time too. i love it. think it's great!

not to mention the netflix stock is through the roof lately.

jimmy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good Service

We use Netflix all the time with 5 of us with different interest and always on the run the late fees from Blockbuster we're killing us! Our distribution center gets em out to us in a day no later than two at the most so its pretty convenient.

I would definately give em a shot.

BenjieV :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks gentlemen. i will at least give the trial period a shot. just tired of trying to get newer stuff and having to drive 30 plus miles to rent dvd. i always buy what i like but the stuff i am not sure about i like to rent. i also have the ability to burn dvd's, so that was my major thinking.

·
Registered
756 Posts
just tired of trying to get newer stuff and having to drive 30 plus miles to rent dvd.
i am not saying this is always the case with netflix....but i was watching school of rock on dvd a few weeks ago on the night it came out for rental and purchase in stores.

i thought that was pretty sweet.

jimmy

·
Registered
283 Posts
Jimmy are they still shipping from the west coast?

When They first came out a couple years ago I went with them for a while but it would be 7-9 days between sending them out and receiving the next ones. I went with a local service and had next ones within 4 days of putting my viewed ones in the mail, but they didn't have enough dvd's for me.

·
Registered
756 Posts
i live in maryland and my shipping time in most cases is 1 day each way. here is a quote i found while reading in yahoo finance, http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040329/sfm024_1.html

Additional shipping centers throughout the United States serve the following metro markets: Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Greensboro, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Newark, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Richmond, Rochester, San Jose, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa and Washington, DC

looks like there is left coast representation :)

jimmy

·
Registered
756 Posts
crap, sorry hogg. i see you live in MD too. i misread the post and was just in a hurry to find that info and post it here.

the movies come out of gaithersburg, so mailing time would definitely be 1 day each way for you.

jimmy

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I used Netflix for a while - I found it to be absolutely outstanding! The only reason I discontinued it was because I didn't have the time to watch the DVDs. But if I had more time, I would highly recommend this service.

:)

·
Registered
410 Posts
I had it when it originally came out and the shipping lag was a pain. My Mother and Sister have it now and swear by it. The only problem I have with the concep is that I'm usually spontaneous in my DVD selection and if I decide I want to watch a certain movie, I don't want to have to wait a few days to watch it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.