Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been smoking pipe tobacco for about 6 - 8 months and I have already acquired about 25 pipes. Mostly estate pipes that were reconditioned by an amateur (myself). Lately I have been gravitating to my Falcon pipes when I am in the mood for Pipe tobacco that contains cigar leaf, (Dominican Glory, Havana Daydream, Key Largo, Billy Bud etc) Anyone else enjoy their Falcon pipes?

Below are my five falcons, last one is my Woebe Radiator Pipe which I like to use with my Virginias !

Attachments

·
Retired Chaos Designer
14,472 Posts
The only one I have is actually a Grabow, unfortunately the threads are stripped on the bowl and I haven’t been able to find a replacement.

Reactions: Piper

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Wow! At this rate you'll have fifty pipes by the end of the year. I've seen some vids about Falcon pipes on YouTube. They seem like an interesting concept, as do Peterson system pipes and reverse calabashes. Sincere question: what do your Falcon pipes do better than your regular ones? Do they actually produce a cooler, dryer smoke?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Piper, The falcons tend to produce a cooler, dryer smoke like you mentioned. I also tend to smoke these a little faster than my traditional Briar pipes. Briar pipes are mostly a morning pipe for me. I mostly smoke pipe tobacco with cigar leaf in the falcons. By the way, I also like to use EA Carey magic inch pipes and Yellow Bole AiroGrate pipes for my Cigar Leaf pipe tobacco also. I have found that the yellow bole AiroGrate tends to produce the driest and coolest smoke from all the others. All these pipes are estate pipes and were bought on fleabay for about $15 plus shipping and reconditioned to my best of my ability by following instructions on youtube. Thus I could coolect them fairly quickly with a reasonable investment. One good thing I found about these estate pipes is that they are basically broken in and it just takes a couple of bowls before they are smoking nice! But I enjoy them all depending on my mood. I hope this helps, please keep in mind I am fairly new to the Pipes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been smoking pipe tobacco for about 6 - 8 months and I have already acquired about 25 pipes. Mostly estate pipes that were reconditioned by an amateur (myself). Lately I have been gravitating to my Falcon pipes when I am in the mood for Pipe tobacco that contains cigar leaf, (Dominican Glory, Havana Daydream, Key Largo, Billy Bud etc) Anyone else enjoy their Falcon pipes?

Below are my five falcons, last one is my Woebe Radiator Pipe which I like to use with my Virginias !
I love my Falcon pipes. They're all I smoke and all I have smoked for the past thirty nine years. My Falcon pipe and Borkum Riff, Cherry Cavendish tobacco.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I’ve been looking at this lately, do they smoke drier than briar?

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
I have one that i dont use often, not sure i would say it smokes drier than a briar but it dose collect some moisture and the ring mops up some, i will say it smokes cooler, if you do get one dont buy the rings, just use pipe cleaners cut to length and made into a circle of the right size.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts