Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it might just be a long shot, but I was wondering if there were any otehr vegetarians on the board? I am a vegan, and I love it.

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
I've flirted with being a vegetarian but love bacon and seafood too much. However, I'm really into vegeburgers now. I get this awesome spicy bean burger. Good stuff. I have found that being a vegetarian is very expensive.

Have any good vege recipes?

Jeff

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Jeff said:
I've flirted with being a vegetarian but love bacon and seafood too much. However, I'm really into vegeburgers now. I get this awesome spicy bean burger. Good stuff. I have found that being a vegetarian is very expensive.

Jeff
Those are the MorningStar Farms ones, right? The pizza burger they make is also quite good. We go through their ChikNnugets the most though. We also use their crumbles to make good, super easy chili: a bag of the crumbles, a can of Bush's chili magic, and a jar of salsa. You dump the stuff in a pot, turn it on Medium Low and you have good chili half an hour to an hour later (simmerring longer for better flavor). Just make sure you aren't stuck in a car or a closed area the next day or the surrounding folks will suffer!

I'm not a vegetarian but when cooking froze/convenience food I prefer to get the vegetarian offerings; they taste better.

-Matt-

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
TheSmokingHiker said:
I know it might just be a long shot, but I was wondering if there were any otehr vegetarians on the board? I am a vegan, and I love it.
Going on 11 years now.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'm not but one of my daughters is a Vegan and when she comes over we will usually have one meal where we will all eat vegan.

Her & my wife will prepare some pretty good meals using whatever you Vegans eat. Some arn't bad & some are pure trash in my book.

I think I could probably be a vegetarian but Veganism to me is taking it beyond the norm for any human being.

Besides I like cows. :BS :BS :BS

·
Funky Monkey
1,067 Posts
Couldnt be one, i love too much my steaks and seafood :D. Ive tried those Veggy burgers and they are really good. i think Its better to be balanced in both areas and not eat just meat or veggys.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I think I ate a Vegetarian once, tasted pretty good, but serious, I love Ribeye, Ribs, walleye, and brats. Been this way for over 40 years, hard to change over isn't it? Don't you miss the smell of ribs or steak on the grill ?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Personally i feel a moral obligation to use my Canines. I mean they have to be there for a reason, right? :D

_____rm

·
Registered
904 Posts
P-Town Smokes said:
I think I ate a Vegetarian once, tasted pretty good, but serious, I love Ribeye, Ribs, walleye, and brats. Been this way for over 40 years, hard to change over isn't it? Don't you miss the smell of ribs or steak on the grill ?
Damn, Waalleye and brats.

When my buds from upstate NY come out in the summer we have a huge fish fry -- They provide walleye and I provide Striped bass and of cource the lobster. combine that with some outstanding after dinner smokes & its heaven

Never combined walleye and brats. Good idea though what the he...

Of cource it can't beat TOFU :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
I haven't eaten anything for meat but seafood and birds for 10 years. I guess I just don't eat mammals (or reptiles). Oops...once I was holed up in Vermont during a storm for a few days and when I was done eating the Falafel I ate venison and peppers and rice. It was pretty good. I could give it all up except the sushi and shell fish. I love a good raw bar.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jeff said:

Jeff
Once you give it up, you begin to lose your taste for it after a little while. I used to love seafood, it just doesnt appeal to me anymore. I think most vegetarians on the board can testify to that.

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
my wife doesn't eat meat. Though recently she took a bit of my sandwich that had bacon bits on it and I saw her face light up....... ever so slowley Im bringing her to the dark side....... :gn :BS

·
Registered
904 Posts
smokemifyagotem said:
my wife doesn't eat meat. Though recently she took a bit of my sandwich that had bacon bits on it and I saw her face light up....... ever so slowley Im bringing her to the dark side....... :gn :BS
Once they go bacon they never go back! :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been considering the switch from carnivore to vegetarian or vegan for a while now. My Dad is a vegetarian and says that he's never felt better. His weight seemed to self-regulate when he made the switch (he lost a lot of fat).

I do have a couple questions for current vegetarians/vegans. First, what motivated you to make the switch? Second, do you have difficulty getting enough protein (particularly for those who work out on a regular basis)? And, as mentioned above, do you find it more expensive? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Klick. I'm not a vegetarian but I know lots of them. I've found most of them don't have to worry about getting enough protein, but have a really tough time getting enough iron. It is more difficult for your body to absorb iron from plants than from a nice slab of steak.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KlicK said:
I've been considering the switch from carnivore to vegetarian or vegan for a while now. My Dad is a vegetarian and says that he's never felt better. His weight seemed to self-regulate when he made the switch (he lost a lot of fat).

I do have a couple questions for current vegetarians/vegans. First, what motivated you to make the switch? Second, do you have difficulty getting enough protein (particularly for those who work out on a regular basis)? And, as mentioned above, do you find it more expensive? Any input would be appreciated.
Hey, Jeff said it fairly well. Protein is not hard to come by. If you are working out a lot, take a soy protein shake daily, and you will be fine. As for the expenses of being a vegetarian, I dont find it to be any more expensive than when I ate meat. I mean, if you live off the premade processed meals, I am sure it could get expensive. I find it to be fairly cheap though. PM me if you have any specific questions. I would love to help you out.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.