Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be in Toronto next week. Any place to get out of the minus-10 weather for a good smoke indoors? Or am I relegated to the park bench or a brisk walk around the block bundled up warmly?

Going to be in Markham too so I can visit Cigar Bodega in Unionville. Is their house blend still any good? And how are their prices now? I recall it was around C$7 to $10 for a robusto or torp about 2 years ago but could be wrong.

Needless to say, I'll be packing my own supplies for long term consumption but are there any cigar places worth a visit? Any pointers would be appreciated. :ss

· Registered
944 Posts
I live in markham and Unforutnately I don't think there is any place in toronto or markham that allows you to smoke indoors. Depending when you get here.. I doubt you'll be smoking very much outdoors either. Today it says on the weather network it feels like -21 double long johns and double thermal shirts to go outside. Unless you get a smoking room for your hotel!

· Paid Smokesmodel
1,565 Posts
As said above. Living in Canada I have found if you want to smoke inside you likely have two choices -

1. Your Car

2. Your House

Given that it is usually -20 C or colder here in the winter the obvious 3rd choice of outside is usually out (hate to lose a finger to smoke a churchill). So get a smoking room or a room with a balcony and enjoy all that Canada has to offer.

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sigh! What a departure from my smoke-filled nights in various establishments around Yonge and Carlton, but those days are long gone. :hn

Anyway, any interesting B&M's? The LCDH at Yorkville is one I normally pop in just to browse and get a minor heart attack. Cigar Bodega has nice people. Any others in the GTA and Markham / Unionville area you think I should check out?

Thanks for the help.

· Registered
944 Posts
I can't say that I know the best, but I go and visit quite a few to see what they have and not neccessarly to buy. I browse and if i see something I like then I buy. Recently .. well actually yesturday I dropped by Yitz's on eglington and like avenue rd around there. They have some nice cigars. I bought some to try but have yet to have time to sit down and have a smoke. They have two fridge type humidors full of stuff.

· Take off, eh?
550 Posts
If you're in Markham anyway, Cigar Bodega is where it's at. I find the original house blend tasty, buy the draw too loose. Not a fan of Sarah's new anniversary house blend. The humi's well-stocked, but due to our taxes, you'll pay through the nose, but no more than anywhere else up here. And due to the newish Smoke-free Ontario Act, she was forced to close the lounge. There's a Starbucks next store, so maybe you can grab a coffee to keep you warm on the bench out front.

· Registered
6 Posts
If you're in Markham anyway, Cigar Bodega is where it's at.
Totally agree. :tu

I find the original house blend tasty, buy the draw too loose. Not a fan of Sarah's new anniversary house blend. The humi's well-stocked, but due to our taxes, you'll pay through the nose
You can say that again. :mad:

There's a Starbucks next store, so maybe you can grab a coffee to keep you warm on the bench out front.
While I do like some of their espresso drinks, I find Starbucks' coffee horrendous. Give me a good old Horton's coffee anytime...

· Registered
944 Posts
If you're in Markham anyway, Cigar Bodega is where it's at. I find the original house blend tasty, buy the draw too loose. Not a fan of Sarah's new anniversary house blend. The humi's well-stocked, but due to our taxes, you'll pay through the nose, but no more than anywhere else up here. And due to the newish Smoke-free Ontario Act, she was forced to close the lounge. There's a Starbucks next store, so maybe you can grab a coffee to keep you warm on the bench out front.
I just got back from cigar bodega and purchased 5 of her house blend corona's. Im bringing them with me to montreal and smoking them at stogies... whoohooo

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, its COLD. Getting over my jetlag and I'm freezing my nose off smoking the tiniest PC I have, and it was still too damn long a smoke. Going to make it up to Unionville this weekend for some of Sarah's original house blend.

Oh yeah, Horton's coffee is DA BEST! :ss

· Registered
944 Posts
Yep, its COLD. Getting over my jetlag and I'm freezing my nose off smoking the tiniest PC I have, and it was still too damn long a smoke. Going to make it up to Unionville this weekend for some of Sarah's original house blend.

Oh yeah, Horton's coffee is DA BEST! :ss
well if anything when your up there , pm me and i'll see if i can make it up there =]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.