Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently smoked some LIMITADA RESERVA 2nd's from CI - robusto & corona & a reserve oscuro churchill from 07/08 & am finding them very much in my flavor profile! Worst thing is I dont even know who the blender is??

Anyone care to share any thoughts on this brand?

· New England Cigar Rep
2,031 Posts
PDR is hit or miss in my opinion. The 1878's especially the Capa Oscuro is a very very good cigar. And the BOTL 2010 LE's were great as well. Their standard lines didnt do a lot for me though.

· New England Cigar Rep
2,031 Posts
Pretty much anything? What factory, family, history - whatever you can offer??
Dont quote me on any of this, its been a while since I heard Abes story. But I believe Abe got into the business with a grower from Davidoff. Abes entire family were also tobacco farmers and he learned what he knew about tobacco from his grandfather and translated that to his cigars. So he is a bit of a darkhorse given he had no blending pedigree within his family that I know of. Only knowledge of tobacco from working on the farms.

· Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dont quote me on any of this, its been a while since I heard Abes story. But I believe Abe got into the business with a grower from Davidoff. Abes entire family were also tobacco farmers and he learned what he knew about tobacco from his grandfather and translated that to his cigars. So he is a bit of a darkhorse given he had no blending pedigree within his family that I know of. Only knowledge of tobacco from working on the farms.
Cool - thanks for the info - looks like a little googling in my future.

· Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey guys - nothing wrong with PBR either = on eof my staples of college life. Plus my uncle Joe (god bless him) used to always let me & my cousin finish the last sip when we would watch Yankee games on TV when I would visit each summer in Brooklyn. And we were only 11-12 yr olds. good times & good memories. Havent had 1 since college but may have to buy a 6 pk for old times sake

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.